• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Barry Bonds

Kyle Sandberg

Personally I think it will be a sad day in baseball when that record is broken. Bonds is one of the biggest (Contact Us Please) in the game, self centered and ego dirven. Just ask any of his teamates.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• PierBridge

• ozzie

• blue_healer_guy

I've heard that Bonds' teammates think he's a jerk too, but then there are guys like Joe Nathan that say he's a great guy. So who knows. He seems like a jerk to me.

Oh, and Tyner is definitely juicing. I bet that now that he got number 1 out of the way, he'll be the one chasing Bonds in a couple years.

Bonds probably doesn't get along with all of his teamates jsut like you probably don't get along with all of your co-workers......he has always been good to his fans but he doesn't like the media and who could blame him!!!

Barry Bonds is probably the greatest player our generation will ever see. The guy has over 400 stolen bases, about 10 golden gloves and now he's going to break the home run record. Was he on the juice? Ya probably, just like so many of the pitchers he had to hit against and so many of the other players in the league (like all of them).

Take 100 dingers away from Bonds for the supposed juice use and he's still the best we'll ever see.

I Like Tom Gordons take on it. It is sad that one of the greatest records in sports is about to be broken and few people are able to enjoy it as it should be. The scandal has taken almost all of the excitment out of it. Hopefuly A-Rod can break the record in the years to come and nothing will be able to take the fun out of it like the steroids has out of this time.

Tyner has hit two minor league homeruns in his career and he has hit lots of other ball off the wall in the pros. i doubt he took anything.

Quote:

Tyner has hit two minor league homeruns in his career and he has hit lots of other ball off the wall in the pros. i doubt he took anything.

Wake up and smell the coffee man. The evidence is right in front of you. Two stolen bases in 2005, four last year and six already this year. All the way up to 175 pounds and now he goes yard. Oh yeah, he's juicin'

grin.gif

Im convincd hes on the juice too. I aint sure if it is carrot or maybe mango/papya. Last night he almost got another so Im calling for an investigation.

Good to his fans???? Seems like a arogant, cheater to me. How exactly is he good to his fans?

"If you don't have a quotable source for your allegations do not post here." Racist comments or innuendo will not be allowed, please adhere to forum guidelines" Thanks

well I can't ever remember him saying that but I have seen him sign autographs for white people......so to each his own!!

Quote:

There, finally. Will someone please delete this thread now...

AWESOME! thanks for bumping da thread.... grin.gif

I was hoping he would trip on first base and face plant right into the dirt as he rounded the bases last night.

I think it is great. He deserves it. All of you guys that think that since he may have taken steroids it shouldnt count. So if I took a bunch of steroids I might be the next Bonds and hit 757, i dont think so. He deserves better than the crap that he is getting.

Congrats to Bonds and his family and may he gloat in all the haters faces.

I don't hate him for the roids. Lots of players took them during his time frame.

I hate him for that cocky assed attitude he has. When you hit a homerun, put your head down and round the bases like Morneau does. Don't hit it, do that cocky walk sit and watch it and show the pitcher up. If I was pitching against him and he hit one and did that crap to me, I would put one in his ear. mad.gif

Quote:

All of you guys that think that since he may have taken steroids it shouldnt count. So if I took a bunch of steroids I might be the next Bonds and hit 757, i dont think so. He deserves better than the crap that he is getting.

No, but you would hit more than you would buy using your naturally given ability enhanced with legal and natural training methods. Bonds was going to be a Hall of Famer long before he ever took his first cycle. It is his power records that are a sham.

By the way, it is not that he "may" have taken steroids it is that he "has". He took the "cream and the clear" which are steroids but he has stood by his statement that he did not know he was taking them. His buddy is in jail because he won't talk to the courts. Who is he protecting?

I am not saying we all should be "haters" but anyone who is probably has plenty of reason to base that opinion on.

people who aren't talented think those that are and know it are cocky arogant people when it is actually confidence!!! he is confident in himself......I have never heard him say that he thinks he is the greatest.....just because he has hit more homeruns then any other player in the history of MLB he enjoys to watch the flight of the ball when he knows he hit it hard and far...BIG DEAL....Do you hate Griffey Jr?? When he hits a HR he strikes a pose and holds it for a moment.....Get over it people!!! The guy is one of the greatest ball players of all time sit back watch him and enjoy the game......

Do you think that most people that hate Bonds might be listening to the garbage the press, written, radio, and television, puts out about him because he has no time for them due to past run ins with them? The few reports that do get aired from teammates and coaches msotly agree he is a good team mate, good family man and deserves anything good said about him.

Let's do some math. Remember, this is based on assumptions, as are the allegations, and is done by my North Dakota math. This morning on ESPN someone, either Costas or Faye Vincent, inplied that Bonds juiced from 2001 to 2004. In those years Bonds hit 209 home runs. I saw a documentary that stated juicing would increase a person's numbers by 10%. Next you have to assume that the pitchers that juiced in that same time frame didn't cancel out the effect but had no effect at all. So, if you take 10% of the 209 home runs hit, Bonds gained about 21 home runs due to juicing. Would you then legitimasize Bonds once he hits more than 777 home runs?

The other thing that irritated me this morning was ESPN's stat that showed Bonds home runs per at bats ratio while he was a Pirate and as a Giant trying to, again, imply he has had some help. It went from 20 (approx)with the Pirates down to 10+ (approx.)with the Giants. 1. This should be somewhat expected given you become more familiar with the league and its pitchers. and B. It does not take into effect that Bonds later has been walked an incredible amount of times each year. With the Pirates he walked an average of 87 times per year. With the Giants he averages 130 walks per year, 139 walks per year, if your delete the injury year where he had only 42abs. Walks don't count as at-bats so you can subract about 52 plate appearances per year that don't count as at-bats. In my book this means he is making the most of his opportunities and earning his millions.

No, that is cocky, not confidence. Confidence is saying you aren't scared of someone, or that you will hit hrs no matter who is pitching. That cocky assed walk is just that - cocky. And yes, it also bothers me when JR does it, even though I like him as a player.

I thought once he hit it, we wouldnt have to hear about it anymore, but you guys keep it going. Leave it lay! Please, I am sick of hearing about it!

Quote:

I thought once he hit it, we wouldnt have to hear about it anymore, but you guys keep it going. Leave it lay! Please, I am sick of hearing about it!

I don't mean to sound rude, but are you really asking us not to discuss this because you are sick of it and can't keep yourself from reading this thread if we do continue to discuss it?

if you took roids, you'd be an (Contact Us Please). Period. I don't care who you are. Bonds is a cheat, liar and uses his kids as a shield to the press. The guy may have the record- but he's a world class loser in my ballpark- I think more highly of a guy like Glavine, someone with class- someone I can relate too with hard work. Bonds was great before he roided' up, but now he put that drop(actually cups) of piss in the water to taint his reputation forever/

Big Time, Schweady!

I am right there with you. He is the biggest "tool" in the shed as far as I go. Lie, cheat and steal and I would throw Sosa, McGuire and Palmiero right in with him. He just set the biggest record so the attention is on him. Notice, I will not even use his name. As Michael Corleone says, "He is dead to me".

Windy

Windy

PS

In case the Cubs logo throws you, I am a die hard Pale Hose fan but I lost a bet to my buddy Geno and this is the payoff. He posted my World Series Trophy in April and May and I have had to pay out with the Cubs stuff in June and July.

Windy

Quote:

PS

In case the Cubs logo throws you, I am a die hard Pale Hose fan but I lost a bet to my buddy Geno and this is the payoff. He posted my World Series Trophy in April and May and I have had to pay out with the Cubs stuff in June and July.

Windy

C'mon Windy. Geno is ready to welcome you over to the north side. Wear that Cubs logo with pride, no need to explain. If you become a Cubs fan you will be rooting for a NL team and can then root for our Twins during the regular season without compromising your own loyalties. Sounds like a pretty good plan, doesn't it? grin.gif

I'm amazed at some of the takes on this topic. Like taking steroids doesn't make you hit the ball. Duh! This Bonds thing will be a black eye on baseball for the rest of its history. The only practical negative ramification he will have is a very outside chance of being denied the Hall of Fame, not by the commissioner but by the writers who vote. But that's unlikely. Baseball blew it when they failed to implement a steriod policy until 2003 when the water was already under the bridge. Did Bonds cheat? Who hits 73 homeruns when they're 37 (or ever for that matter) and 136 more over the next three years?? Who puts on the muscle mass like he did....oh, Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa and just about every WWE clown pumping who knows what into their blood. Besides, like mentioned earlier he admitted to taking the cream and the clear, not knowing what they were (really??). You can't write a driver a ticket for speeding when there is no limit. So MLB has to live with this era of freakish stats and there's nothing to be done about it because they dragged their feet on steroids. Bonds has two huge records under his belt and they're both illigitimate but it doesn't matter because he didn't do anything illegal. The record is tainted and Bud Selig is a joke. Baseball has had a history of dealing with cheaters in a way that preserves the integrity of the game....until now.

MJ

I might have to take issue with that statement. I think Ichiro or Ted Williams may have had the purest swing in baseball. "You know who" (I won't use his name) does have a pure "power" swing but Ichiro or Ted could out hit him every day and twice on Sunday. Another person to throw into the catagory of pure power swing would have to be The Big Hurt, Frank Thomas, for those 10 years he was the most feared hitter by any pitcher and most third baseman! His swings used to be absolute rocket shots every time. Just my .02 might get some discussions started.

Windy