• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

tommy lol!

Scott K

Ex-Viking Tommy Kramer Arrested For DWI

(WCCO) San Antonio, Texas Former Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tommy Kramer was arrested last weekend on suspicion of DWI, CBS affiliate KENS-TV in San Antonio, Texas is reporting.

Kramer was arrested in San Antonio after police pulled him over Saturday.

Officers said Kramer smelled of alcohol and was stumbling. An officer also reported Kramer called him "coach" and said Kramer claimed he once played for the Minnesota Vikings.

Kramer was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the first round in 1977 and played for the Vikings through the 1989 season. He then spent a year playing for the New Orleans Saints. He played for Rice in college

LOL!

I don't find the humor in that . Maybe you'll be good enough to point out to us folks that aren't able to find humor in somebody else's problems , whats so funny ? confused.gif

Just another mn viking ex-football player, that has had several D.W.I.'s during his mn career.

I had seen first hand one of the crashes he was involved in on one of his dwi's.

Sorry you didnt see humor in it as I did.

Don't want to be a bummer , I just don't find alchoholism , DWI's or car wrecks to be that funny . Please take no offense . Just a differing opinion .

I have always liked Tommy Kramer. I hope he gets more help.

They used to call him "Two Drink Tommy" as that is all it took to get him drunk.

The Vikes are hopefully getting out of those ways. Don't worry about the sour people 4eyes I can see it was meant as a joke. Everyones sense of humor is different.

This is a total joke. Athletes, actors, you name it. Make enough money to own the world. The sad thing is us and our children grow up idolizing these (Contact Us Please). I've been there done it. Drinking that is. The sad thing is they are to stupid to learn from their mistakes. Just like that little Lindsey Lohan. All the money in the world but the booze and drugs are taking over her life. She will end up killing herself or sadly someone else.

Celebrities and sports stars are not the only people that deal with this stuff they are just the only people that get stories written about them. For every one celebrity like Lohan there are probably 1000 average joes facing the same problems but they are interesting enough to write articles about.

We working class slobs just love to see when somebody who has gained a certain amount of fame or wealth come crashing back to earth , don't we ? When some former athlete can't handle not being famous or rich anymore and drowns his misery in a bottle we take stabs at him and make it a joke but when its your brother or dad its a different story , isn't it ?. When Lohan or Spears act stupid and are in and out of rehab we almost get the feeling that they deserve it , don't we ? But if it is our daughters or sisters we do all we can to support them . I don't think that money or fame can buy a heathly mind and although I don't pity these people I do have certain amount of empathy for them . I feel as bad for these people as I would for a friend in the same situation and if we think that its subject matter for joking or ridicule then I would have to think that its because we are jealous that they have fame and fortune and have , for whatever reason , decided to squander it and we have never been afforded that same opportunity . Pretty sure that may be why envy is on the list .

musky you are right it is sad, my humor in it is more from shaking my head and laughing that he hasnt learned, or changed since he was a football player many years ago. I dont think its funny that he is still a drunk, just that he hasnt changed his ways. I liked the guy for a football player, he just had a lot of problems.

what I think is funny is all the people who think just because these people are celebrities, wether be athletes or actors and actresses that they are on this pedestal and are not allowed to have faults. They have fame and fortune which most dont but that doesnt mean that they dont have problems like the general public does. I'm sure they have bad days at work, marital problems,parenting problems just for some examples that many people have thus some celebs find their escape in a bottle of booze or illegal drugs or spousal abuse or child abuse or something NO IT'S NOT AN EXCUSE!! sometimes the media makes them more of an icon then they choose to be. The sad part is some who are in the everyday spotlight don't seem to learn from their mistakes or just plain choose to follow a path that will keep the media around them so they feel more accomplished and famous. FAMOUS PEOPLE ARE JUST AS HUMAN AS EVERYONE ELSE they make the same mistakes as many people who are just average joes.

Tommy K. and alcoholism....that shouldn't surprise anyone.

This is funny...but not "ha ha I can't stop laughing" funny...it's the "ha ha I can't believe this guy hasn't learned yet" funny.

For someone who has not played football for what 18 years? why is this even a story. He was also arrested a long ways from MN. Guess someone has an axe to grind. Being a celebrity never leaves you if you screw up.

I get what your saying 4Wander and I'm not at all trying to excuse bad celebrity behavior but can you imagine what it might be like for , what did we used to call him - 6 pack Tommy , to at one time be on top of the world and then nothing . Go from being the guy that everbody couldn't do enough for to the guy nobody will answer the phone for . A lot of them guys never make the adjustment , thats what I find to be sad . Then you got the Lohan type that their every move is to get them the spotlight and when they get it - the exact thing they have begged for now becomes their torment . Says a lot about that whole be careful for what you wish for thing , don't it ?

I do have to agree with the celebrity never leaves you. All in all Tommy boy made his impact as a QB I still remember the day he came into the game, I believe it was against the Cleavland Browns and the Queens were down big time. He tossed 4 TD's and they won the game on a hail mary pass at the end. I know there are a lot of people that just look for celebritys to screw up too but you would think that since they are or have been in the spot light they would learn to control their behavior a little better. Maybe he is just looking for the attention. Who knows. I don't know if any of you seen the Leno show Tuesday night but he for one isn't affraid to slam celebrities when they mess up. Poor Linsey!!!!! Now that was funny I don't care who you are. Lord please forgive me!!!! I appologize!!! Lohan must be feeling the pressure that she isn't getting enough attention due to Miss Hilton!!!!

Ah yes. Tommy Kramer. Anyone remember the quarterback controversy between Tommy twelve-pack and Wisky Wade Wilson? Those were the days. How about when Keith Millard got pulled over and told the officer that his arms were more powerful that his gun. I'd take 45-year old Anthony Carter over anyone we've got on the team now.

Keith Millard also rammed his car into the Hardees drive-in at training camp one summer in Mankato drunk as a skunk.

I think the funny part of the Kramer story is his calling the cops coach- if I was one of the officers busting him, I would probably have laughed at that one.

With the Viking quarter confused.gifback mess as it is,Tommy K could make a come back and start for this awful team we have today?

Quote:

I think the funny part of the Kramer story is his calling the cops coach-

That is funny.