• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey me and a buddy have fished alot around Belle Plain and jordan even a bit towards carver am heading to Shakopee tonight and was wondering where first of the access is located and if anyone knew of any good holes not far from the access thanks--

"I can sleep when im dead lets go fishin"

The shakopee access is located just north of the 101 bridge...east side of 101

There are lots of holes around each corner...find a bend in the river and you will find a hole.

River gets bendy to the east of the access to the north of memorial park and Murphys Landing. I dont have a boat and havnt tried very deep but im sure you'll find holes out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know how the access is? We were looking for something down that way, but someone told us it is too shallow to launch.

Does it have a dock with the launch?

No dock......... don't we all wish.. The only launches on the MN river with a dock is the State Parks..... you need permits for those. But they are really nice.

There are spots down there right now that are 1' deep all the way across the river. Be careful.

Actually the Shakopee landing is currently in very good shape. Probably the best all year. The downfall.....you're going to run into 1' water in some spots. The same can be said for the entire stretch to Mankato.

If shallow water worries you. You will need to venture out from 35W or down.

Shallow water isn't bad...if there aren't huge rocks everywhere. As long as we can navigate a little and find some holes...

We will probably be heading down stream anyways so I would guess it is only going to get better as we go.

The boat launch is really in nice shape.

The 3 piles of broken car window glass in the trailer parking area area is what's really ticking me off. I talked to one of the guys who lost a window. They didn't take anything out of his rig, just chucked a rock through the window. All 3 broken windows happened in less than 1 weeks time.

(Contact Us Please)? Sounds like we need to set up a sting operation...have a few guys waiting in the weeds ready for some justice (not advocating violence obviously). The fact that people would just throw rocks through windows and just leave drives me crazy.

That alone MAY keep me away from the area.

How far downstream do you have to go to get to some fishable/deeper water?

Quote:

How far downstream do you have to go to get to some fishable/deeper water?

1/2 mile or so to the 1st bend

As for the security at the launch, if I keep seeing this type of stuff, I'll be on the phone with the city for sure. I'm sure the police department is well aware of the 3 broken windows, I would have contacted them if my window was broken. The city is trying to redevelop the river with the new park on the south side, archery range by the boat launch, new boat launch and parking area. There is a lot of money invested there. I'm sure the city doesn't want these areas to be over run by petty crimes, word will get out and people won't come because the area is "not safe". Not good for their image and not good for what little "tourism" we bring to their city.

On a side note, its one of the only boat launches on the river with a garbage can, and it gets dumped regularly too! Way to go!

a garbage can at the boat landing? crazy! i can't believe how many landings DON'T have garbages. kinda sucks.

They NEED one at the chaska access. I doubt they would use it but you never know. Maybe they would take the hint. That area was so full of trash the last time I looked down there it made me sick. What a bunch of slobs!!!!!

Interesting post about the auto break-in’s in Shakopee. On Thursday July 26th I went in under I35 in Bloomington around 11:00am and came out at 4:00pm only to find my Truck’s driver side window smashed in. I noticed nothing was taken because the door was not opened (if they had opened the door the window would have fallen on the seat). With nothing missing I attributed it to kids exercising their stupidity. I was wrong; they took my gas cards that I had in my visor (out of site) and charged $2,450.00 worth of everything from gas to phone cards. My truck was in Bloomington but all the charges with the exception of 1 happened in the northern suburbs. My feeling regarding your post is that these criminals are smashing windows looking for charge cards that may be in the visor of your vehicle. Since this happened I always have someone meet me at the launch so my truck isn’t the only vehicle in the lot (it was when I got broken into) and I also put my visor down so they can see I don’t have anything. It’s a real pain in the A**, the cost of the window was 225.00 and now I have to file police reports in 8 different cities.

Good luck to all, thanks for all the great posts. I’ve been lurking since this spring and have gotten a lot of great information from these posts.

Thanks

Scott

I have had a number of vehicles broken into and had items stolen. It is always a shame to wake up and find a lock pried off, window smashed, or a damaged vehicle. I cant imagine the way I would feel or react comming off the river and seeing that though. I never would have thought about the visors and will keep that in mind.

Quote:

I'm sure the police department is well aware of the 3 broken windows

I saw the same three piles of broken glass a while back and then came the police rolling in I pointed it out to him and he said "Dam kids" he didn't seem to concerned by it I'm sure he had more important things to worry about.

Real nice guy we talked Cattin for a while he knows a few of BP Cat League guys.

I get laughed at when I show up to the launches in my 84 Ciera but I hate leaving my Truck and having to worry about some NIMROD breaking my windows, I don't leave anything of value in either vehicle, I also leave my car doors unlocked "club on" and a lot of times I'll leave the window open never had problem with the beater. Knocks on Wood!!!!!!

We'll we ended up putting in at the Bloomington access. Went upstream a ways. Being my first time on the river I was amazed at how big those barges actually are. We made our way past valley fair and then fished our way back.

Caught 5 walleyes between the two of us...22,21,19,18,17 (not kidding). Caught some sheephead (biggest was 18/19 inches), some carp, a white bass, large mouth bass, smallmouth bass...

We were pitching jigs and minnows, jigs and plastics into holes, places were streams came in, wood piles...

It was a blast and I may have to try it agian.

How does that river get so dirty?

Those must have been something else you caught. There are no walleyes in that river. wink.gif

Believe it or not, the water is pretty clean right now cool.gif

I think we saw you guys Red Lund White Johnson outboard?

Largemouth and Smallmouth on the Minnesota interesting...nice job!

We couldn't believe how clear the water clarity was ourselves.

Not us...we were in a red lund with a 15 suzuki.

That is clear water??? I guess I have no experience of 'dirty' or 'clear' to go off of, but we darn near had to have the fish in the net before we knew what it was.

How'd you guys do?

We were targeting Cats picked up 6 channels.....I think that was you we stopped and asked where you launched because we didn't see your Trailer at the Shakopee ramp.