• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Mark Christianson

Anyone fishing the Sartell Lions smallie tourney Aug 4th?

Mark Christianson

Just wondering if anyone else out there will be fishing it this year??

uphill

I will be there. I just talked to them it sounds like they have 51 paid entries and a few verbal commitments something like 5 or 6 so it isn't a filled out yet. Total of 85 boats allowed to enter. Should be another fun one.

Mark Christianson

My guess is that people are waiting it out due to the water levels before committing.

Last year was the same thing it seemed. Less people than the years prior when the water was up to more normal levels.

river huntfish

I know my cousin will be competing in that tournament, watch out he usually places pretty well. smile.gif

MSRiverdog

Who's the compition up there? I haven't ever been in any tournys but the names are fun to follow. Maybe someday. smirk.gif

jipper

I think Jack and I will be in... Trying to go two for two...lol

oldguide

Brown Bass Tourney guys and gals,

If it don't rain a bit up north look out for unbelievable shallow water. The ole Miss is running dry. Hard to get past Clam Shell Island just south of Two Rivers. Propsters be careful out there.

oldguide

Oh, forgot one thing!!!!! Keep those brownies alive!!!!! Last year lots of dead fish floating down the river the next day after the tourney. Ice "em" and keep those livewells running.

uphill

BLB just thought I would let you know and everybody else so you don't get confused the tourney is on the 5th of August not the 4th.

AlvinMack

Is Brasky fishing this?

river rat316

I came home last night from fishing Mille lacs and found Brasky leaving my house, went inside and my wife was incoherent mumbling something about thats how a real man does it mad.gifblush.gifblush.giftongue.gif

river rat316

Anyone have the contact # for this? I might donate a couple bucks to whoever wins it tongue.gif

Keith_MN

Quote:

BLB just thought I would let you know and everybody else so you don't get confused the tourney is on the 5th of August not the 4th.

I thought the tourney was on Saturday, August 4th.

So which is it?

Kevin Turner

August 5th. I'm in...

Blazer

J - Just swing in and drop off the cash at my place. It will be less work for me and Stimie this year. Lilly alredy paid be his entry to me. Confirmed August 5th 7-3, you can contact Karen or Carl at 240-8448 or 253-8263. Good Luck and make sure to bring an extra prop with

Mark Christianson

If you dont have a prop should we bring an extra jet pump?? grin.gif

Who the heck is J?????

Fish to Win

Freddy- Wes and I are gunning 4 you this year- We upgraded to a 25 horse rather than the 10 like last year- Good luck on the drop shot this year-

Blazer

Not sure what the drop shot comment is all about, you know me throwing buzz baits in 6" is where it's at. River is extremely high and the current is strong so be prepared. You two should focus on finishig the contest not winning it.

Sartell Angler

Quote:

River is extremely high and the current is strong so be prepared.

funny guy

river rat316

Quote:

I think Jack and I will be in... Trying to go two for two...lol

Didn't know they allowed live bait in this one blush.giftongue.gif

Mark Christianson

Ooooo. HA.

jipper

It doesn't really matter 4 of our keeper fish came on artificial....I just don't understand what the hell is the big deal about using live bait in a tournament that says you can...Does it make us a bad fisherman???? We just followed the rules...If you don't like that tournament don't fish it...

river rat316

If it says you can then do it.... most just disagree with a BASS tourney that allows live bait... not very sporting imho.... to each his own I guess but even if they said I could I wouldn't I feel I'm more effective with artificials any way

RiverRatzShadow

I'm fishing it! Is Alvin? I heard Stevie D's gonna win and other than that i talked to a guy named Adolph the other day that's doing real good up there too. confused.gif

HawgTide

Quote:

I heard Stevie D's gonna win

Well, you must have heard that from a pretty good source!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• MinnowBuckets
      The last few days have been pretty hot on areas of the river for a lot of nice bass between 16-18 inches, topping out at 19 inches for my largest. Many were fish located on spawning beds, some hitting aggressively and immediately, and some not interested in even acknowledging the bait. I started out with a 4 inch wacky worm on a VMC wacky weedless jighead, but found that I was getting larger, more aggressive fish by switching to a 5 inch wacky. I would Imagine that the spawn will be all but over within a few days. 
    • RGSports
      I have some Cotton Cordell crankbaits for all, all brand new in original packaging.  I have multiples of every color.  Asking $3 each, will ship for a $5 flat rate.  Can also meet, live in Elk River MN. Wally Stinger 3 1/2 Inch - Sparkle Firetiger, Chartreuse Perch, Purple Passion, White/Red Head 4 3/4 Inch - Purple Passion, Gold Perch, White/Red Head, Chrome/Blue Jointed Wally Diver Perch, Monkey Puke, Gold/Black, Chartreuse Red   Send me a message or call/text at 320-420-9805 to purchase.
    • IronDioPriest
      Hi folks... I wanna specifically address fishermen and women, boaters, outdoorsmen and women, and their spouses and significant others. Also, anyone who believes that our right to access public waterways supported by our tax dollars, and managed for our benefit by the DNR, should not be infringed upon by special interests... listen up... You may or may not know about a new program in Wright County to limit access to three lakes in the Annandale area where wealthy lake-home associations have coerced the County Board into implementing a pre-launch "AIS Inspection Station" in the city of Annandale. Anyone wishing to launch a watercraft on Lakes Sylvia, Pleasant, and John, must first travel to the city of Annandale (miles away from any boat landing), go through an inspection process, and be given permission to launch their boat in the form of a zip-tie on the trailer. There are MANY problems with this inspection regime. One problem is its hours of operation. It is open from sunup to sundown. This means that if you wish to go fishing in the evening, or at night, or early in the morning, you must first travel to Annandale THE DAY BEFORE you wish to access the lake, and get your zip-tie. Needless to say, this will undoubtedly prove to be a big enough burden on boaters and anglers that many will simply choose to go elsewhere, which, we contend, is the unstated goal of the Lake Associations who have funded this effort to lobby the County Board. They want non-residents off "their" lake. Another problem is the fact that these lakes are already unfortunately infested with AIS, which means inspecting boats on the way IN to the lake makes no logical sense. Only inspecting boats in their way OUT of an infested lake will have any chance of slowing or halting the spread of AIS. Another problem is that local businesses in Annandale, Southhaven, and to a lesser extent Clearwater and Maple Lake, will be adversely affected by the reduction in commerce that WILL occur as people from outside these fine communities decide to take their watercraft elsewhere. Another problem is the scope of this program, and the stated goals of those who are promoting it. They have said point-blank that they hope to have every county in MN look to Wright County as an example of what can be pushed through, as Lake Associations state-wide are organizing their resources and their political clout in an effort to see similar County ordinances implemented throughout Minnesota. This could, in the future, lead to a scenario where every boater who does not own lake property will first be required to travel to a central County Inspection Station in whatever county they wish to launch their boat, before they will be given permission to launch at a lake that may be many miles away from the station. We believe this is an infringement on the rights of Minnesota boaters and sportsmen to freely and responsibly access our public waterways. Even the DNR is skeptical of this program, but since it is a county matter, they are accepting it for now. Sorry for the lengthy statement. Now I'd like to ask you to take action. We have organized a social media page, over 600-strong now.... Our goal is to gather as many concerned people as we can in this group - and then appeal to the Chambers of Commerce in these fine cities, to organize themselves and appeal to the County Board for a reversal of this misguided policy, on the grounds that it will harm them economically as people take their dollars elsewhere to avoid the infringement of the inspection regime. If you haven't already, and you are concerned about liberty to access public waterways without undue burdens placed upon your access, would you consider lending your voice to ours, and joining our group? Thank you! Join Us!
    • delcecchi
      Actually, merc has Verado and "four strokes" . I have seen a fair number of mercs on west end but very few verado which have a distinct silhouette.
    • Rick G
      Not as easy to find bullheads in the chain as it was in the 80s-90s.... but you will still get a few here and there. The cats took care of most of the bullies over the yrs😉
    • Horseshoe_Don
      All sizes.  no bullheads in the chain.
    • ducksnbucks
      Thanks guys for the info. I think we will head out tomorrow and give it a shot. Will report what we find, thanks again! 
    • Mike89
      that's a monster ya mean!!!!!
    • monstermoose78
      The Tom turkeys are not playing well the hens are around and have come into the decoys. No Toms to be seen or heard. Lots of ticks today. 
    • CigarGuy
      My wife, son and I we're on Crystal Lake in Burnsville several years ago. My son was 14-1/2 yrs. old at the time, I use to let him drive the gravel roads up at deer camp all the time and let him back the trailer into the spot, he got pretty good at it. Anyway, back to the boat ramp at Crystal Lake. I dropped the wife and son off on the dock and waited my turn to load up...a local cop was at the ramp and my wife asked if it was ok if he backed in, he didn't mind.. vehicles were waiting and my son drops it in on the first try! Proud dad moment 👍👍