• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fishing the Sartell Lions smallie tourney Aug 4th?

Mark Christianson

Just wondering if anyone else out there will be fishing it this year??

I will be there. I just talked to them it sounds like they have 51 paid entries and a few verbal commitments something like 5 or 6 so it isn't a filled out yet. Total of 85 boats allowed to enter. Should be another fun one.

My guess is that people are waiting it out due to the water levels before committing.

Last year was the same thing it seemed. Less people than the years prior when the water was up to more normal levels.

I know my cousin will be competing in that tournament, watch out he usually places pretty well. smile.gif

Who's the compition up there? I haven't ever been in any tournys but the names are fun to follow. Maybe someday. smirk.gif

Brown Bass Tourney guys and gals,

If it don't rain a bit up north look out for unbelievable shallow water. The ole Miss is running dry. Hard to get past Clam Shell Island just south of Two Rivers. Propsters be careful out there.

Oh, forgot one thing!!!!! Keep those brownies alive!!!!! Last year lots of dead fish floating down the river the next day after the tourney. Ice "em" and keep those livewells running.

BLB just thought I would let you know and everybody else so you don't get confused the tourney is on the 5th of August not the 4th.

I came home last night from fishing Mille lacs and found Brasky leaving my house, went inside and my wife was incoherent mumbling something about thats how a real man does it mad.gifblush.gifblush.giftongue.gif

Anyone have the contact # for this? I might donate a couple bucks to whoever wins it tongue.gif

Quote:

BLB just thought I would let you know and everybody else so you don't get confused the tourney is on the 5th of August not the 4th.

I thought the tourney was on Saturday, August 4th.

So which is it?

J - Just swing in and drop off the cash at my place. It will be less work for me and Stimie this year. Lilly alredy paid be his entry to me. Confirmed August 5th 7-3, you can contact Karen or Carl at 240-8448 or 253-8263. Good Luck and make sure to bring an extra prop with

If you dont have a prop should we bring an extra jet pump?? grin.gif

Who the heck is J?????

Freddy- Wes and I are gunning 4 you this year- We upgraded to a 25 horse rather than the 10 like last year- Good luck on the drop shot this year-

Not sure what the drop shot comment is all about, you know me throwing buzz baits in 6" is where it's at. River is extremely high and the current is strong so be prepared. You two should focus on finishig the contest not winning it.

Quote:

River is extremely high and the current is strong so be prepared.

funny guy

Quote:

I think Jack and I will be in... Trying to go two for two...lol

Didn't know they allowed live bait in this one blush.giftongue.gif

It doesn't really matter 4 of our keeper fish came on artificial....I just don't understand what the hell is the big deal about using live bait in a tournament that says you can...Does it make us a bad fisherman???? We just followed the rules...If you don't like that tournament don't fish it...

If it says you can then do it.... most just disagree with a BASS tourney that allows live bait... not very sporting imho.... to each his own I guess but even if they said I could I wouldn't I feel I'm more effective with artificials any way

I'm fishing it! Is Alvin? I heard Stevie D's gonna win and other than that i talked to a guy named Adolph the other day that's doing real good up there too. confused.gif

Quote:

I heard Stevie D's gonna win

Well, you must have heard that from a pretty good source!