• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bison9

What a great Weekend

Bison9

Hey all, my wife and I were invited up to my buddy's wife's parent's cabin/house on lake Jewitt this past weekend. This is about my 6th or 7th time out there since moving to this area in 2003. Jewitt has always been pretty good for us, but this weekend was probably the best outing I've had out there. It is a multi species catch every time I have been there, but she never lets us down! On Sat, we caught about 100 fish. They were mostly bass and crappies, but the occassional walleye came out as well. This lake will be some kind of a bass lake in about 5 to 10 years - the average size of the ones we have been pulling out are 16 - 17 inches. And man, what a crappie fishery! If I can't catch a mess of walleyes, I'll take a mess of crappies... And also, the sunnies were huge! I've never seen sunnies that big! Just tie on a white or green/yellow jig, put an orange or green twister tail on and drift over different areas while pulling those jigs - the fish are erywhere it seems!

Yesterday (Sun) we tried bottom bouncers in the morning on some edges and managed a 14 inch eye and a 12 inch eye. Hammered gold spinner and a crawler. We also saw one of the neighbors boat a 17.5 incher long linning a shad colored jointed shad rap. He was in about 19 ft of water on a break with some weeds when he caught it. This was more of a weekend for suntanning and tubing/skiiing, but man, what a great little fishing outing... I'm going out on a limb here, but pound for pound, Jewitt is the best MN lake I've fished since moving here (excluding Mille Lacs of course smile.gif). Also, I know this is a DL forum, but Jewitt is close to DL and I thought I'd just share about this lake some more because it is turning into one of my favorites!!

Paul

Hmm, Looks like it is time for a road trip to Jewitt Lake.

Dahitman44

Pauly --

We might have to tag team this lake. wink.gif

deacon

What about the jiggers from Swimming, heard this lake was bad?

INNKEEPER

Thanks for the tip on this lake, I took my nephew fishing on monday night. We caught alot of nice size sunnys and some bass, not alot of boat traffic and it was bigger than I thought it would be. The fish seemed to be every where from 15ft. to 40ft. My nephew want's to catch some big northerns, any suggestions? Later INNKEEPER!

Prairiefire

Long lake right by Vergus has some nice pike. Go to the far end of the lake (away from town). Pull spinners in deep water with a decent size sucker minnow and you should hook up with some good ones.

DEADhead

Sallie has some brute northerns, so does Melissa but it might be more busy there