• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

any good areas to fish the miss around anoka??

hey i was wondering about any good spots on the miss around anoka any what type of techiques are used never fished it before went out there yesterday and way to many boats goofing around to fish thanks for any info

There is a park called "Peninsula point park" in Anoka, on the west side right where the Rum enters the Miss. I see people there fishing quite a bit. I see them using a bottom rig setup there a lot, but I don't know if they catch anything. There is kind of a hole there after the Rum enters, but I don't know that it's really within casting distance. That area is pretty good on smallies too, so it might be worth a try.

If you get the chance, maybe try the boat on a weekday morning instead of the weekend.

How are the water levels on the rum from the dam down and through the mississippi up and downstream of the mouth? Pretty navigable for a 14 footer? Average depth? Any dangerous rocks? I've just gotten into fishing the upper 'sippi and this looks like an appealing place.

I know this is not saying much, but two weeks ago they were fine if you have a shoft shaft. You could still get up to landing dock at dam.

Catfishing down at dam has been pretty sparce as of late and I am done down their for the year. May hit it agan this fall.

Its gettin' pretty skinny down here above the bridge, jets rule, wish I had one (RP of course). Those that are familer with this spot just might chime in. Them pilings are 2 feet out of the water.

This is from my last trip up there with the Rock Finder, Sunday, might be the last for the year, it was tough getting up there, not recommended, unless your GPS has a lot of marking on it, it's gonna cost ya. blush.gifblush.gif

ClouquetIsland072207.jpg

Sounds like the canoe or bust! I'm gonna have to make some time for an excursion in that stretch.