• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing report

I have a very good friend that wants to go to the LOW's this weekend if the eye's are biting. Any reports would be very helpful.

Tom tell him that they are a snappin. Did the rigger thing yesterday in search of food fish and they were on, lots and lots of fish from cigar size to 23 inchers. Fished today with Toddb and it was another great day. Longlining the plugs today for the BIG girls around the rocks. I'm e-ing Todd pics, he's got some on his camera too and he will be posting a report tonite or tomorrow.

Ahhh finally some fair and stable weather and the fish are happy, making us happy too!

Fisky

Thanks dude, now I have to find him a resort and charter boat for the weekend. That could be a tough one.

Here are a couple photos from yesterday. Great day to be fishing on the pond, and great company in the boat. Good #'ers and some nice fish to boot,

later,

toddb

DSC00117.jpgDSC00115.jpg

fisky's walrus, 10# plus fer sure

27todd.jpg

27.5"for me

27fisk.jpg

another nice one for fisky

Ya man, BIG thanks to ya Todd for the fun day on the water. I'm out of my 26 inch slump!!!! Gotta love when the plan comes together eh, Gotta love ending the day on a high note with a W@alrus!

Great company is right, your Pooch 'Cassie' is the greatest in the boat!!!

Oh oh, do I see my new sunny day favorite colored plug in that pic? LOL!!!

I think we are gonna see some good reports thru the next few days with this sweet weather!

Good luck all.....fiskyknut

Nice FISH! You have got me pumped up for 2 full days of fishing this Sat and Sunday (and maybe Monday AM). I hope we can catch 1/4 of what you guys did.

Good goin, Todd and Fisky, awesome fish. Glad you are outa your slump, Norm!! I was on the water Mon-Wed and fishing was very, very good. Kinda weird tho--some spots were void that usually produce this time of year. Monday, the Knight reefs were slow but the rocks further north and west were loaded. Tuesday, Arnesons was empty (boats and fish) but other west side rocks were rockin. Baitfished until they moved out then pulled the white #11 a little deeper and got into some biggies. A snake stole that #11. Paints drying on a new one! Wednesday, the LP reefs were empty but the mud to the east was really good--lots of size and decent numbers.

Norm, that 34' stuff we longlined in last year was pretty much empty--but it's time for that to load up. I'll shoot you a mail next time I come up alone--heading to Rainy the next couple days.

Nice Piggies Fisky and Todd!!

My Dad and I will be up this weekend fishing out of Arnesens. We will be in a black and platinum 2010 Pro Guide. Swing over and say hi if you see us.

Fisky,

Do you know what channel everyone runs on the radio? I did not make it up to the get-together, hopefully next year the wifey and I will be able to make it up again. If you are out fishing Saturday or Sunday look us up or just hooler on the radio.

Later

Brian

Brian, most of the chatter on the west side is on 6. Walleyejon and Pat the "Old Guide" would surely talk with ya. Pat goes by "Powerful Magic" and some of the other charecters from FM should be out.

I gots a trip out this afternoon, doubt I'll get out over the weekend as Mrs Fisky would maybe have a cow as I have'nt been around the house much this past week!!!

You and your Dad are gonna have a good weekend. May wanna bring sunscreen!

Norm

Snuck out again today to beat the heat and it was another good day on the pond. Lots of fish from 24" to 27" with the biggest right at 28".

later,

toddb

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Hey more nice ones good going Todd. Was out Friday and again yesterday and it was'nt too shabby. Good #'s Friday but nothing over 24 inches. With SRJ yesterday, sure hot out there! Pulled around a coupla rock piles with nothin. Finally found a few fish to make the day fine. SRJ started it off with a fat 26+ first fish which ended up the biggy for the day.

Well here is my report from the weekend. And what an awesomeone it was. We longlined cranks arounds the reefs on Saturday, and ended up with a 23", 26.5", 27", 28.5", and a 29.25". Man we had a blast on the big pond. We caught 12 fish total an Saturday. On sunday we ate breakfast and waited for a storm to roll across the lake. We did not get out to fish the spot we caught the big girls at, and only managed two smaller fish Sunday morning. All in all it was an great weekend.

Brian Boyne

Good to hear from you Viper, glad you had a good time.

Thanks for the pics Fisky and Todd

We were out on Saturday and Sunday pulling balls. Only went out 1-2 miles on Sat. due to the forecasted 10-25 mph winds (which didn't get to 25 thankfully). Had OK numbers on Sat. but generally smaller (1 - 25"). Sunday was a pretty good day with nice 17-19" keepers and another 25" for fun. We waited until the wind settled down in early afternoon and could then go anywhere. Went out 6 miles and trolled around some rocks. It took awhile to find the right depth and right color but after a couple of hours we figured it out and had a fun next couple of hours.

Made it out today and man was it hot! Fishing was pretty good all around. I talked with Fisky, TravisC, and ccmonsr over a couple cold ones and it sounded like they had a pretty good day also. Lots of fish being caught on top of the reefs along with some edge fish popping the TD-11's today. I do know one thing, I am ready for a cold front. A couple pics from today

30.jpg

30.5"er

DSC001279-1.jpg

28"er

Sorry for the crappy photo's, my dog hasn't learned to take a good photo yet.

later,

toddb

Nice fish Todd! After all of this talk I am finally coming up this weekend. I am leaving the big guy home though he has to hang out with the in-laws! blush.gif Are you going to be out this weekend as well?

slimy

Will be out tomorrow fer sure and maybe Saturday. My bro is still hmmming and haaing about coming up. Weather looks to be perfect so get up and get a biggun'.

later,

toddb

The weather does look awesome! Maybe we'll run into you on Saturday!

Did pretty well pulling spinners on the sand today with crawlers..still a great live bait bite going on!

Did pretty good Thursday drifting along a rockpile. Was the fifth place i tried yesterday and got 6 fish on the first 6 passes minuts from when i got there. There was a 24, 22, 30, 14, 24, and another 22. Worms and leaches. All in the same spot along the pass.

Yesterday for me was slow. Did manage a nice 27.5", 25" and a half dozen low slots, along with 3 eaters and a few dinks. Lots of boats on Arnesens, and it looked like alot were being caught up on top.

later,

toddb

Two of us had fair day today, we used copper spinners, crawlers and bottom bouncers. Fished out from the rocks in 30-32.5 fow. Threw back a 24+" and a 20". Were filled out by noon with some perfect sized eaters. We launched at Arnesen's.

Pulled plugs all day Sunday with mixed results. Fish came in streaks all day. No big fish for the day but did get 15 or so from 20 to 25". Lots of nice eaters 16-18" along with a couple right at 19". Filled out on Brown trout (sauggies)for the first time this year, all 14- 16". Pulled probably 55 fish for the day with 3 guys. About half on them came from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. Did hear from a reliable source that the spoiled one (fisky) got a couple over the slot, late in the afternoon also.

later,

toddb

I was out for a while on Monday--mowed in the morning before the big heat. Didn't do well pulling plugs, only a few and there seemed to be a lot of empty water. Finally realized after taking the zoom off on the x25 there was a lot of activity up high. The ones I caught I was only running 80 feet back with RR's and #11's. Did better with a #9 shadrap. The fish were down 15-20 feet and not to inclined to bite. Finally came across a reef with quite a bunch in one spot near the bottom and switched to bait and did well. Not all the rocks had fish on them--darn summer sure gos by quick.

Cleaned off a few spiny waterfleas too. But they are lots worse east of Long Pt. Ugly buggers.

• 2 weeks later...

just got back from a houseboat trip fished wensday through saturday. Did great with silver spinners and leech in 12-18 ft of water around reefs also caught alot on orange/pink spinners. Caught a 46" muskie off the back of the house boat when we were parked for the night hit a topwater frog took 10 min to get in since i had 6lb test on a med action spinning rod.