• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnkota shaft length?

Slyster

Question

I have a Maxxum 55T I'm going to sell and need to know the shaft length. It has to be either 36" or 42" and but with all the different ways I can think to measure it I can't tell!

How do you measure these things properly?

6 answers to this question

I did! tongue.gif But I don't know where to begin and end! The bottom fin? The middle of the motor? The actual shaft?

I am thinking now since I measured 36" from the middle of the motor (prop screw) to the top of the shaft where it connects to the upper electrical box that it must be a 36"

But from the fin it's 42".. that's where it's confusing.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Not sure to what point they get measured but I can tell you a 36" would be for a 15" transom and a 42" would be for a 20" transom.

You measure the actual shaft length, right below head to top of motor housing.

I just measured my shaft. blush.gif 60 inches grin.gif from the top of the housing to the bottom of the head, not the tapered part that the shaft fits into.

The measurement is for the raw tube (before it is assembled into the motor). The tube is screwed into the lower unit about 1.5" and about 1" into the top control box.