• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ron Mexico

lawdog

I've never been a Vick fan because I've always thought he was too arrogant/cocky for what his results were. It has nothing to do with his background, but more to do with his actions.

This other discussion about animal treatment is treading on a very slipperly slope. Don't lump the harvest and use of an animal (and the methods to do it) in with torturing an animal. Torture is the prolonged use of force/methods to cause pain for revenge or sheer cruelty. People need to remind themselves that animals are not humans, they don't rationalize or go through the millions of emotions that humans can/are capable of.

Thank you nolte. I love hunting and fishing and all I was saying is that some people might think of torture as that. All I've stated from the beginning is not calling people names until the verdict is out. Especially not insulting another FM'er. Alfonso Rodriguez (sp) can be called every name in the book and feel free to dismemeber an part of him you like. He was found guilty and deserves what ever he has coming now and beyond the grave. In the end Vick might be found to be a POS and then feel free to let him have it.

I just hate anything related to killing dogs. They dont deserve that treatment and if Vick is found guilty, he deserves more than 6 years in prison and more than $350K in fines. Unfortunately, he probably wouldnt even get that due to being a celebrity. And if he is innocent, then hopefully he can improve his pass completion %, because where its at right now he doesnt deserve $130 million. Good luck in the outdoors everyone.

If he is found guilty but still ends up playing football can you imagine wha the fans would do. I can just see the props now. Stuffed animal pit bulls hanging by a rope. Signs saying animal killer. Probably not to mention what some of the other players on the opposite team wanting to hurt him even more then just creaming the QB. If he's guilty I would sure hate to be in his shoes.

No, it will get smoothed over. Other players could care less what he did off the field. There are already interviews of other players supporting him. The media will go back to worshiping him as soon as the season starts. Fans will follow. His popularity will only increase(see Ray Lewis).

As far as his playing abilities one thing comes to mind... Kordell Stewart. Ive never seen a team throw away so many potentialy good years. Until now. The Falcons have been surviving off of good defense for years now. Any team with Vick is destined for mediocraty.

Well I am happy to see the commish told Vick not to attend training camp... I hope this guy is found GUILTY and never again play in the NFL..

• 4 months later...

23 months in the federal slammer. He should be done in the NFL now...

First the fake name, then the arrest, then the failed drug test, I'll say again what I said in the first post here...WHAT A LOSER!!!