• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Channel success Flathead still searching

Hey just got back from Thompson Ferry had good luck on Channels but could not find the flats, caught a 31 incher right off the bat and then caught numerous smaller ones and then ended the night with another 31 inch channel, i fished with cut mooneye that i caught the other day up north, good thing i kept about 30 of em they work great as cutbait, i fished snags and also 2 deep holes, any tips on how to get the flats do i need live bait maybe- will post pics when i figure out how 2 do it

------------------

I can sleep when im dead lets go fishing-

Quote:

...any tips on how to get the flats do i need live bait maybe?

Bait selection helps, but if I knew a surefire way to catch a flathead right now, I would tell you. Truth is... I don't. One night, I do well for no particular reason, next night fishing the same spot... nothing.

Its been said a lot in these forums, you need to put your time in and have lots of patience, thats how you catch flatheads. If you expect to catch one every time you go out, you might as well fish for something else, cause it won't happen.

Sounds like you found some nice channels though!