• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing with Jonny P July 8th

Pikester

Sorry for the late report. I headed up to Red Lake before Moondance Jam to get in a little guide trip with Jonny P. And once again it was the same ol' story...huge Pike! We casted for Northerns on some of the weed lines and ended up with 2 Trophy class Pike just under 40". Both fish were released to fight another day. Later on in the day we found ourselves a nice little hole for some wallys and ended up with our limit or eaters which West Winds cooked up for us, AWESOME. The water was a little rough that day and I ended up losing my lunch over the boat, which I am sure Ill never hear the end of it from Kelly and Jonny. Thanks again Jonny for the awesome experience and for teaching this rookie how to use a bait caster. If any of you reading the forum are thinking about booking a trip, stop thinking and do it. You will not regret and make sure you bring the camera for all those monster Pike.

Quote:

The water was a little rough that day and I ended up losing my lunch over the boat

I thought that you where chumming for sheephead. grin.gif

I see people "losing their lunch" all winter when there aren't any waves. confused.gifgrin.gif

Did you have to bring up ice fishing? Now I really got the itch! grin.gif

Quote:

Now I really got the itch!
grin.gif

No thats from your trip to Moondance Jam. shocked.gifgrin.gif

Hopefully that special shampoo the doc gave me will take care of that. grin.gif

Say Pikester, did you guys have some pictures of the pike you caught? I can't find the ones I took, ya know me Mr. Computer...these computers need an easy button or "I'm from the sticks" user mode.

Cye has them and Ill get them this weekend. Ill send you an email with them attached.