• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am leaving saturday to head up to osakis for a week. I will be staying at head of the lakes resort. How has the fishing been? normally when we go this time of year we can catch all kinds of northerns in 6-12 feet trolling spoons? any walleyes being caught? we usually like to have a meal of fish the last day we are there just wondering how hard its going to be to get some to eat/

The walleyes haven't been too tough to find, although finding keepers has been. Haven't fished much for northerns this year so I can't comment on them. But if you're looking for a meal of fish, it shouldn't be too hard to find a mess of bluegills. Just look for all the boats in a cluster.

If you're live bait rigging, both leeches and crawlers have worked. If you like to troll crankbaits, you can generally find a couple along the weedlines.

I haven't fished for bass lately.