• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

River Pro guys

Ducks and Fish

I was wade fishing the river Saturday morning and saw a River Pro in action for the first time. It was really cool to see, two guys came up stream and blew through what looked like a pretty shallow area without missing a beat. I was watching them and cringing because even though it is a jet motor, I was thinking they were going to hit the hull on a boulder.

For guys that have them, how deep does the boat draft and how deep to you feel comfortable running the boat? These guys must have known the river well because I would think they would still be concerned with hitting a rock.

If your name wasn't gop packers I would reply grin.gif...(even though I dont own one I've been in em enough)

It was a low-profile boat like a bass boat.

Come-on River Rat, can't we just all get along? We both will probably have more to complain about with both the Pack and the Vikes this year than cheer.

I've been in several. They can run through about 4 inches or so when up on plane. And most guys with them have bounced off more than a few boulders and even beached them on sand bars.

I have been in one that got parked up on a nice dry gravel bar. Right SH? grin.gif

Quote:

I have been in one that got parked up on a nice dry gravel bar. Right SH?
grin.gif

I hope you had a shovel with blush.gif

Nope, but 6 guys can move a beached Riverpro without too much grunting. LOL

What part of the Upper Miss did you see this boat on? Did it have a big ugly dude in the drivers seat with a G-Loomis and Lucky Craft sticker? If that is the case it was AlvinMack and I used to punch him in the mouth on a daily basis, he's runs like a scared little girl in his RiverPro! grin.gif

Quote:

What part of the Upper Miss did you see this boat on? Did it have a big ugly dude in the drivers seat with a G-Loomis and Lucky Craft sticker? If that is the case it was AlvinMack and I used to punch him in the mouth on a daily basis, he's a big sissy in his RiverPro.

Yup, that sounds like Mack grin.gif

AlvinMack said he's gonna break all your fingers when he sees you at Dean's next time grin.gif

If you were in the Elk River area it was AM and jetman, and yes they do run and draft very shallow, they run 4"es reliably and draft 8-10"es (more if AM is on there blush.gif) The great thing about RiverPro's is Kevin Turner does not sit back on his heels even though he has the best jet boats out there for MN rivers! He's always improving his product!

Quote:

...they run 4"es reliably and draft 8-10"es (more if AM is on there
blush.gif
)

Whoa! blush.gif

One thing I know AM should do on his next RP, is to get a center console. Cripes, he can't go fishing alone, because he needs someone in the passenger seat to offset the pitch of the boat a little. If he goes alone, he takes on water over the drivers side of the boat!

I think he was installing a ballast tank from a wakeboard boat to balance the boat out when he's alone wink.gif

Quote:

Nope, but 6 guys can move a beached Riverpro without too much grunting. LOL

What ya mean no grunting? My back still hurts and I grunted so hard I almost left a mt. st. blb right there on the spot! grin.gif

Quote:

What part of the Upper Miss did you see this boat on? Did it have a big ugly dude in the drivers seat with a G-Loomis and Lucky Craft sticker? If that is the case it was AlvinMack and I used to punch him in the mouth on a daily basis, he's runs like a scared little bitch in his RiverPro!
grin.gif

Dang!

Running in 4 inches of water is crazy, but it sure would be fun. It looks like the perfect boat for the Mississippi. I don't know any of those guys that people mentioned, but I was looking at the boat and didn't even really look at the guys in it. I was in the Otsego area when I saw them.

We are not the guys you're talking about but my dad took delivery of a new low pro last Friday and we were out in the Mississippi all weekend playing/fishing in it.

I would have to agree that running in 4" of water is crazy, but it's completely do-able in one of these boats. I am totally floored at how perfect this craft is for the river, and give a HUGE kudos to Kevin Turner and the RP team.

If you're serious about fishing the river, this boat opens a ton of doors.

To answer the original question of this post, we were on plane running in 6" of water or less and floated/fished through stuff about the same. It was incredible! Don't know how many times I told him to "Watch out" just out of habit.

They're great!! smile.gif

Quote:

What part of the Upper Miss did you see this boat on? Did it have a big ugly dude in the drivers seat with a G-Loomis and Lucky Craft sticker? If that is the case it was AlvinMack and I used to punch him in the mouth on a daily basis, he's runs like a scared little bitch in his RiverPro!
grin.gif

OK;

Who the hell is this wannabe????? tongue.gif

This is a good one that Smallie Hawgin took behind where I live in Big Lake.

If anyone knows the St Francis river, its a glorified creek most of the year. This was a spring run as you can tell, but dont think you will ever see a prop boat on plain back there even with spring flooding. grin.gif

Glad he has b*llz of steel and a Riverpro. HA!

http://media.putfile.com/Into-the-St-Francis

Quote:

This is a good one that Smallie Hawgin took behind where I live in Big Lake.

If anyone knows the St Francis river, its a glorified creek most of the year. This was a spring run as you can tell, but dont think you will ever see a prop boat on plain back there even with spring flooding.
grin.gif

Glad he has b*llz of steel and a Riverpro. HA!

Admit it BLB, after runnning the St. Francis you and SH played Chinese Tug of War...

Quote:

Running in 4 inches of water is crazy, but it sure would be fun. It looks like the perfect boat for the Mississippi. I don't know any of those guys that people mentioned, but I was looking at the boat and didn't even really look at the guys in it. I was in the Otsego area when I saw them.

That was myself and Jetman. We fished the Dayton area early in the morning and were venturing north of Otsego when you saw us.

Quote:

Heres another vid of our beloved Fonz running the skinny waters.... These Riverpros are crazy awesome.

Wish I could have one AND keep my lake boat....
crazy.gif

Fonz is always testing the limits of his boat. He's the only RP owner I drive with where at the end of the trip I have to check my shorts. Although I think all of us RiverPro owners are a bit crazy, it's just that nobody is as crazy as Fonzie wink.gif

GoPackers, for the record I saw you off to the north of that set of riffles in Otsego. I haven't fished that area this year yet and normally going through that area is no problemo. To make a long story short when I went through that area I got a little bit nervous because I didnt anticipate it to be that shallow this early. What made me more nervous was the good amount of eel grass in my deeper water in that shoot, because that eel grass could plug my intake and shut me down in shallow water....

Nothing beats the Mississippi North.

I wish I had a jet lower unit on my boat. Moving around like that north of Monti and even south sure is a lot slower for me.

I could video my paths and play them in fast forward to get the speed of that fotage grin.gif

By now you could run around on your own two feet like that, now with the water low like it is grin.gif

AM

This pic was captured of me while riding with Fonz....

I think this pic is worth more than a thousand words...... blush.gif

SartellJuly5Medium.jpg

GoPackers, for the record I saw you off to the north of that set of riffles in Otsego. I haven't fished that area this year yet and normally going through that area is no problemo. To make a long story short when I went through that area I got a little bit nervous because I didnt anticipate it to be that shallow this early. What made me more nervous was the good amount of eel grass in my deeper water in that shoot, because that eel grass could plug my intake and shut me down in shallow water....

Well, that was some impressive navigating, it looked like you knew what you were doing.