• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Catch and Release

uphill

Well thats not gonna do ya much good on Aug 5th now is it uphill???? cool.gif

you guys need to help the guys that keep the smallies then. teach them the way to catch the great tasting eye grin.gif

I know BLB 1st year I was in the tourney I had what probably would have one the large fish contest (didn't enter) 2nd year we were in the money, 3rd year caught our 5 fish but know money fish. So I predict this is our year. I have been staying away from our normal spots to keep them form all of the eyes on the river so I am not worried about the 5th.

I for one am extremely upset that you think it is ok to eat walleyes and not smallmouth. I think walleyes should be totally protected as a CR only. they are so beautifull with their marble eyes and Golden color; what a shame to want to eat them indescriminately. Just aint right!

jet man

The latest in the "HE AIN'T RIGHT" column. smirk.gifsmirk.gifgrin.gif

You can say that again MSRD.

grin.gif

Jetman we usually only keep eyes that are over 24 inches they taste better and don't have as much color as the 14 to 16 inchers that we let go all day. Besides it easier to catch 1 or 2 big ones then you don't have to clean as many. Just foolin' this weekend was a major change in smallie fishing we had a good day on Saturday so next Sunday should not be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

warm pbr!!!!!

on a serious note, I don't feel that cpr is good enough. I think with in the next decade we will slowly start to see certain lakes and rivers and streams get closed to fishing.. Just closing them all together is the ultimate answer to this difficulty.. and there is pleny of support for this in st.paul. First it was cpr but that really hasn't given the expected results so the next logical step is to close some bodies of water to fishing for say 25-30 years and see what happens then!!!! It should be very interesting.