• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Team Otter

It's a Blade Party!

Team Otter

I made a "day run" to the big pond today with a good friend of mine. Like many of you know, the bite has slowed from the torrid pace it was on but the quality we experienced today more than made up for the lesser numbers. With the exception of 2 fish, they all exceeded the 22" mark. Riggin' was just not in the cards today as was the suspended crank bite, at least for us. Today, blades and crawlers ruled the roost. And, even with that bite, it required some adjustment. We ended up connecting with shorter snells and larger blades. This combination, coupled with speed control, made for the best vibration and flash at 0.7 - 1.1 mph. Gold blades and pink hooks with charteuse beads was the dominate presentation but we went through the tackle box before settling on that. Definitely a day full of challenges but in the end, we brought quite a few beautiful fish to the boat. The lake is just chalked full of bait right now, so "force feeding" is a must. Those 'eyes are fat and sassy. Get after 'em! They need their ego's brought down a bit. grin.gif

Pictures forthcoming of some of our better fish from the day.

Gotta love Mille Lacs!

Team Otter

As promised, here are a few photos from yesterday's outing. Skinny they are not! grin.gif

blades005bo8.jpg

blades001pg7.jpg

blades002nu3.jpg

blades003zi3.jpg

blades004tf3.jpg

rosspj59

Nice fish T.O.!

rodmaker

Nice Fish my friend!!!! How big was that one in the first photo??? grin.gif

Faner50

Old Chinaman (or was it Fellagy) once told me....

Judge a fisherman's SKILL not by the size of his fish. Judge a fisherman's SKILL by the size of his boat and the quantity of his electronics. grin.gif

Shack

team otter,

OH my gosh, all those pictures shocked.gif. I bet their was a trail of dead walleyes behind your boat.. grin.gif

Very nice fish, good times!!!!

kda

If I may be so bold, I like the layout on your boat...What's the make?

Team Otter

Thanks.

It was really nice but we didn't put it on the tape. We were sure it wasn't 30" so getting it back in the water ASAP was the priority.

Team Otter

I actually was "the passenger" for once. grin.gif The boat was my buddies; 690 Ranger Tiller. He's got it set-up about as nice as you'd want it.

rodmaker

I hope more people pay attention to what you just mentioned. Get them back in the water as quickly as possible. It you don't consider it a trophy , get it back in the water ASAP

Need a new pair of splash guards for my boat. The old ones (an off brand) finally broke. Any recommendations???

Any chance on hooking up for a Fall trolling outing??

Nova

TO, great fish and great report. I like the way you keep throwing stuff at them til you find what works. A lot of guys would have pulled cranks all day and said the bite is dead. It's been pretty slow for me on blades this year, but I keep trying them and maybe this weekend will be my time for them. Again great fish and pics.

Team Otter

Wave Wackers are tough to beat but Walleye Masters also could be considered. And I'm sure there are others.

As far as a fall outing, absolutely! When you have a chance, fire me an e-mail at info@tightlinesguiding.com and let me know what you are thinking.

Team Otter

Thanks Nova. Persistance pays. smirk.gif

rodmaker

Any recommondations as to where I can get them. I didn't see them on Cabela's web site.

I'll give you a holler next week, and talk about this Fall.

minnesotatuff

you can google wavewackers or walleye master and the threads will get you to where you can call somebody.

ive always liked wavewackers. the boat i have came with walleye master guards on it though. they do the job as good as can be expected of any wave guard. so, it might be a cost issue for you? i have had waves come over the guards and wash down the back of the boat...mostly feet and legs get wet, no big deal. nothing would of stopped them. if the fish are biting, a lot of things you normally wouldnt put up with become trivial annoiances, nothing major.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Team Otter

For Wave Wackers, I'm guessing you can go right to the manufacturer. They have a website and/or a "612" telephone number.

Sounds good. I'll wait to hear from you.

rodmaker

Could not find anything on Walleye Masters. On the internet. Any suggestions. Maybe I'll call some dealers.

Looking forward to an outing with you this Fall. I'll be in touch next week.

Team Otter

Herrick Enterprises manufacturers Wave Wackers.

Looking forward to it as well!

ctuma

Try Whitecap splash guards. Not sure if I can say that on this site. But installed on my boat was cheaper than the cost of the Wave Wackers without being installed.

Team Otter

They are a nice brand too. I forgot about that one. grin.gif

harvey lee

I purchased a set of White caps and they where easy to install and fairly priced. Local Minnesota company.

rodmaker

Did you look at any other types?? I've heard wave wackers are pretty expensive???

Fredd

I have Whitecaps and am pleased with them (easy to install, nicely supported and reasonably priced).

rodmaker

Where did you purchase them???? And how much were they??

MOBY RICHARD*

Sooooo...anyone catching anything??? wink.gif