• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Got back from our family vacation at Ojibway Resort on Pike Bay.

Weather was not the best but we managed to get a lot of fish in the boat, my wife got her walleye limit for the first time in her life.

Water temp dropped from 78 deg the 1st day to 67 deg today.

Day fishing was tough due to weather and wind shifting from all the directions, mainly 15 to 20 ft breaks with leach or minnow. Any shallower than 15ft and you could not keep the pesky perch off your bait. I actually got perch at 40ft trolling with a dipsy diver shocked.gif

Evening/night bite was good to excellent the last day. The flats were good, we got a lot of fish in the boat, lost a couple of "monsters"

As others said already overall fish size was a lot smaller than past years, we managed 18 keepers (14" to 18" with 1 23.5") all week, but we landed approx 60 or 70 walleyes 13" and less which we returned immediately with our blessing to bring back their parents and get fat soon for the years to come.

Overall this was a good year for us, especially compared to last year, but there were many variables that usually don't come into considerations.

As extra trip we included a day trip to the Sucker creek chain which turned up one of the best days on my life, fishing was great and the experience unforgettable.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sounds like you guys had a great trip! The weather has been wacky every where in MN. At least it sounds like they might have got some rain up there lately.