• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Cam Photos - Lets get going!!!

certified jumbo

Here's the first of my photo's from this wk!!! a couple of smaller 8's and a forker. can't wait to get the bigs, but a nice start for week one!!! lets see yours....

cj

[image]Picture1179.jpg[/image]

[image]Picture1080.jpg[/image]

[image]Picture1144.jpg[/image]

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shack

• Mark Christianson

• TrophyEyes

• shedfreak

deercam093.jpg

I wonder how much more this guy will grow?

looks like he should be a shooter grin.gif

bow2.jpgbow1.jpg

deercam141.jpg

this little feller is gonna need a couple years grin.gif

Rot, that is a nice mature deer. Sag in the belly, arch in the back, big rear end. He's got to be 4 maybe 5 years old.

Nice shots guys, here is the first one I got this year. A younger buck, but has some potential in 2 years.

[ mdgc0012sm7.jpg

mdgc0011yl7.jpg

Got a couple of good ones out west!! Well, one that will be good and one that is good! SB

Springcam2.jpg

Springcam3003.jpg

wow! that is one nice buck! split brow tine and long main beams!

That one is a real beauty!! Hope to see a pic of you smiling with him in a few months!!

There is nothing illegal about using corn or bait to get deer to come into a viewing area. During the deer season, now thats a different story.

Using bait or minerals is a great way to get deer to come to where your camera is. You can get several pics of a single deer, rather than a single shot thats marginal if you just try to use trails for getting pics.

Ditto what BLB said. Before you start judging people, pause a second and think about it. Do you know all the facts? I didn't think so.

I have not used corn at all this year with my trail cam, though I have in past years in miniscule amounts and there is nothing wrong with it as I have stopped months before the season started. Believe me, the frequency of pics drops dramatically in the days afterward, so I have not patterned them to come to where was once corn for the next few months of there being nothing there.

Using minerals is often recommended as part of QDMA and there is nothing illegal about it. Like BLB said, it is a great stopper for trail cam pics. BTW, I have never once watched a deer utilizing a mineral site in September or later while hunting. It's not like dumping a pile of corn on the ground. It is, however, a good and legal way to provide them with minerals and get some pics.

If you're going to accuse someone of illegally baiting, you'd better be (Contact Us Please) sure you know what you're talking about. Because that's about one of the worst things you could ever accuse a hunter of.

I use apples and corn in July and August in front of my cameras. I set my timer to one picture every minute, this way I get lots of pictures of the deer here, I just save the best pics and delete the others. I have no bait out after Aug. 31st and I don't resume until Jan 1st. There is nothing illegal about that. I'm checking my cams right now, if I get any good pics i'll put em up.

That last buck is very impressive. Nice job.

Dang Rotwieler, thats one nice buck. I checked my cam's this morning and got this decent 12 pointer. He's not real thick, but never the less a decent buck!!

[image]Picture1635.jpg[/image]

[image]Picture1641.jpg[/image]

judging by the pictures it looks like a lot of the big bucks are nocturnal so you might not see them this fall.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been awesome to follow along...keep the pictures coming if you got 'em guys! I'm sitting 20 stories up in downtown Mpls, and your trail cam pictures are what's keeping me going until November 3rd! grin.gifgrin.gif

Hey camera poster!? If guys don't mind could you post what cameras your using and what model? It would be a great resource for us guys who are in the market to compare brands?

Thanks,

Meat-Run

Nice pics guys. Hard to look at all those bucks with the archery season still a few weeks away. Yes, keep them coming. smile.gif

Here's a couple of new pics, check out the funky little rack sticking out the side of that bucks head, weird. I'm checking camera's tommorow, hopefully i have some better pics.

[image]Picture1621.jpg[/image]

[image]Picture1473.jpg[/image]

check out what visited the camera at my cabin last wkd. i don't know much about bears, but i think he's a decent sized one. looks like he has a little white on his chest.

[image]untitled.jpg[/image]

[image]2.jpg[/image]

Here is a unique buck I've been getting photos of. Taken with Stealth Cam 4.0 megapixel.

1163967144_6766861751.jpg

1163115723_1e52fd8d81.jpg

These are from August, I think the buck on the bottom could be good sized by September.

2007augusttrailcampics.jpg

Hey Harvey,

Part of the text didn't get into the link. Cut and paste all the text into your browser and you'll see the pics.

I went to pull my camera after a couple weeks and it only had two pics. It's in Southern MN and it's been so dry that my mineral is still on the stump after two weeks. I'm not sure if the deer want much salt this year with the lack of rain. Either that or there aren't too many deer in the area or my camera isn't working great.

Anyways here are two little bucks.

CDY_0004.jpg

CDY_0003.jpg

I have 3 cameras out as often as possible, This year Ive been getting a lot of bucks but only a few good ones so far. They usually dont show up a lot until the crops get out,but theres always a few in the right spots grin.gif Enjoy!

I was happy to see this buck but hoping to get a better pic...

7-23-07farm10pt.jpg

I didnt expect it to be this good!! crazy.gif

7-29-07farm10pt.jpg

cropped...

7-29-07farm10pt-a.jpg

I think hes ok... in that 120's area anyway?

The close shots are with the Cabelas Moultrie 4.0 Outfitter the night is with a Cuddeback (obviously).

Heres a few of the other juniors that are hanging around, maybe good ones someday. They sure like the apples right now! smirk.gif Rascals...

Duin8-153bucks.jpg

Duin8-152b.jpg

Once they get that sweet taste in thier mouth they never go away! tongue.gif