• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Viewing Pictures from Game cameras

Neiko

I am thinking about getting a Game Camera but don't want to spend an arm and a leg right away. One I was looking at was a Moultrie I40 or D40 with neither has a LCD for viewing. Could I take a digital picture camera that reads SD and bring it out to look at on? I know this is a stretch but my Lowrance IHunt has a SD card in it so could I view it on there? Don't know much about game cameras so any help would be appreciated.

What I do is have extra cards, so I just goto each camera, swap in a clean card, and then take it home and view it on my computer - no standing out in the buggy woods. In order to do that, you need a card reader, get them at Best Buy or on Ebay, most just plug into the USB port. Get the type of reader that reads multiple cards formats, you never know when you'll get a different camera that has a different type of card. Right now some of my cameras use SD cards and the others use Compact Flash cards.

Yea, just bring out your digital camera if you want. We switch our cards out and view them at home - or in the shack if I bring my laptop computer.

I see the point of the question, cause if I was trying a new spot I don't want to leave my camera in a bad spot for another week if there wasn't anything worth photographing in the first camera set.

If you have a digi cam that accepts SD cards than you can view your game camera pics on your digi cam. That is a great idea. My camera does use SD cards and so does my GPS so I have plenty of cards, but I don't have any cameras (yet), so location is important. I will only check mine maybe every two weeks so if a spot is not producing I don't want to leave my only camera there for another two weeks to take pictures of nothing.

The problem is I have a desktop that has a card reader however that will be 130 miles away. I want to see the results on site but don't want to pay for a LCD on the game camera. My problem is I have a XD camera and the Game Camera is SD. Will pictures show up on my SD GPS? That would really be sweet if it did. This way I could make a lot more adjustments out in the woods and not have to wait so long with having to go back to a computer.

I highly doubt they would show up on your GPS. If you'd like to try, put your card in the card reader, upload a few photos to it and try it. Your GPS doesn't have software to read .jpeg files though so I doubt it will work.

you can use your camera as a SD card reader for your computer. thats what i do.