• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alumacraft 1756 river runner

Has anyone has any experience with these boats, or any of the welded alumacraft jons. I was offered a good deal on a 1756 mv aw rr with a 90/65 jet, 2" tunnel and am thinking about buying it for the MN river. I was out with my v-hull monday and hit a log hard enough to break my motor off the back of the boat. I was able to retrieve it from the bottom of the river, but am deffinetly thinking it is time for a jet.

I have an Alumacraft MV AW 1650... great boat! Solid and stable, even handles big water exceptionally well. Been used for duck hunting and fishing mix since I bought it in 1998.

I had a 40hp Yamaha jet drive on the boat... until someone decided it would look better on their boat than mine! mad.gif It was bolted to the transom and they stole it right out of my front yard. It was great to run the river with a jet drive. It ran in 6" of water and I never worried about stumps or boulders. Just make sure you do not run the intake into sand... it will wear out the drive impeller pretty quick. Silt posed no problem. Weeds will clog up the intake if you run it into a big mat. You will know immediatley as there will be no thrust.

All in all I think you will love the set-up.

Good Luck!

Ken