• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

best campsites and firewood

heard the best campsites are on the namakan side. Is there plenty of good sites and is it better to go mid week to get a good campsite. Also what about firewood for fires? Is there plenty or do you have to cruise the shore looking for driftwood?

Fishrodger, nice campsites throughout the park, Kab, Nam and some in Sandpoint. Since it is first come first serve, you might set up on one of the first open sites you find, then scout around for a move to somthing more to your liking.

Firewood, I'll try to explain, if you find downed wood, or deadfall, you may use it, chances are that may be slim. Driftwood along the shores might be protected, maybe someone knows for sure.

You may have to purchase firewood, and if you do, it must be purchased from a State of MN DNR approved vendor, and you must have a receipt showing the purchase issued by the approved vendor. The park adopted the same rules as the state of MN state parks. The reg is to prevent the spread of certain tree diseases caused by insects that may travel in frewood. good luck, guts

I really haven’t seen too many bad sites anywhere on the lakes. Some people like the open others not, I look for sites that work for the boats that we have in the group, I don’t think the site on the other side of the lake are any different.

The wood is easiest to find on the shores I have found, usually there isn’t much by the sites. The day of the week to go The last time I went a few weeks ago was on a Sunday and many others thought the same I have seen it dead on Sundays and Tuesdays I’m not sure any more Wednesdays Lets say Wednesdays that will work. I do think Sunday thru Thursdays, are the best to go in. It has been for me.

I like to find the site that the fish are at!! grin.gif

Hope this helps

laugh.gif

Been camping all around up there and always think the site we are on is better than the last. I really don't think there are any bad sites. In Namakan I liked Hammer Bay south, good location & protected from the weather & wind. Also has a dock. As for fire wood on the island sites it can be scarce but the land areas always have plenty. Good luck

I also love Hammer Bay south. It has some of the best fishing around and you don't have as much pressure as some of the other areas of the lake.

I think that finding a spot to Camp?, Tuesdays or Wed.

Good Luck!