• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be coming up to V next week and staying at McKinley Park. Are there any good slipbobber spots a person could quickly run out to that are close to the campgrounds?

Check out the thread in this foruma called East Side Report. There are a couple of spots listed there that are a short distance from McKinley.

Otherwise, I'd say that there are some nice reefs around Ely Island that may be good to slip bobber on in the evening. Look on a map near the West end of the island and you should see a few spots staring right at you.

Try the reef just off of the West end of Ely Is. Between the small island and Ely Island. by the hazzard bouy.

There is also a good rock reef straight West from Birch Island.

Cliff

I tried that exact spot between the little island and ely island by the hazard buoy last week with a slip bobber and leech but didnt get anything of course i only stayed in that spot for 10 minutes or so. I know sir muskellunge is always patrolling that little island so he may be chasing away all the other fish grin.gif. I was drifting over that reef and didnt notice that i was suddenly between the buoy and the island and i looked down and saw a huge muskie swimming casually under the boat. Needless to say he saw every lure in my walleyes tackle box but didnt like any of it. I suppose that one sees hundreds of lures a day as there is always a boat casting for him nowadays. sorry about the story wink.gif