• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BASS EVENT IN THIS AREA FOR FM'ers----- Sept. 23rd !!!!!

house, hour 1/2. its right off of HWY 55

Bill Swindlehurst is in need or of a partner for the event. If there is anyone out there that is looking to fish that dont have a partner, please let me know and i can hook you up with Bill. He had a partner, but could not make it.

Bill also said that he could get a boat if he needed to.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• robbo17

• Hester

• Central Bassman

It will take you right around an hour. I did some work in Blaine and I live in Annandale so I drove it alot, But I took some back roads.

Hey Guys, Bill here.....my partner's mom is in the hospital and he is not going to be able to make it. He said I might be able to use his boat. So I am looking for either a partner to fish in his boat or someone with a boat that will allow me to go with them. or if someone is already registered and does not have a partner, I would love to join them. let me know. You can email me at [email protected]

thanks guys

Please help bill out to be able to come to the event. It would be great to see everyone be able to make it.

Hey all. We are getting closer to the event. If all the Boaters can please send me a email with there partners name. Please include Fm names with real names. I just want to get a master list so we are on the same page.

Thanks all

I am going to team up with bill. Are we blasting off at 630 or meeting then, its kinda dark for a blastoff at that time isnt it?

We will blasted off when light conditions are good. This Morning we took off at 6:30 no problem but we will just play it by sight. Everyone needs to be there before 6:30 for the pre-event meeting. smile.gif

Could someone tell me the closest highway to the sylvia landing. Or what the quickest way to get there from Litchfield would be. Thankyou,

Hey Central How did you do this morning?

Hester

If your coming from litchfield, the best way to get to the landing, is to take HWY 12 to cokato, and then go north at the stop light. When you are going north, i think its CR 3, but i might be wrong. There will be a caseys on the right corner, you have to go north on that road by the light. You will come up to french lake, which has a gas station on the right side by the stop sign. Keep going north till you get to the first tar road. Take a left. Then you have to take a Left again within a mile or two on the tar road. You will be going up and down hills, Then you are going to have to take a left right before the tar turns gravel. Keep going straight and the landing will be on the right side.

Please make sure that you are there by 6:15. We will have a meeting before we take off just to talk about everything.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me or drop a line here.

Its going to be a great day on the water. Cya there.

Quote:

Hey Central How did you do this morning?

We had some good luck in the morning and it got better as the day went on. Not a lot of fish but some good sized ones. I think we had eleven pounds for the 6 hours of fishing. I lost one key fish mad.gif

We went out there this morning. We got very lost on our way there, not really lost, I new where I was I just could not find the landing. Doesnt that county believe in having a sign that says boat access this way, or something. All I saw were signs that said, no access this way, get out of here. By the time we found the landing it was nice. Caught a few fish, found a few spots and thats all a guy can ask for.

Hester

it is not somethign that they strive to have alot of people come to the lake becuase it is such a busy lake during the weekends in the summer.

Its a awesome area thow.

OK, Hester has me worried now, I have never fished that lake before and won't be able to until the day of the tourney, so if anyone can give me detailed directions on where the landing is that would be a good thing. I'll be coming from Hwy.55

The lakes used to be called twin and sylvia. Now the Dnr has renamed them to east and west sylvia (Don't ask me why ?). The landing is on the southwest side of west sylvia. (Formerly known as Twin)

Here is a good map of the area. Heading west on 55 from Annandale, turn left (south) on county road 3. Take the next right on to 80th st. Turn left onto Quinn Ave. Access is a couple mile south on left.

Bassnspear gave good directions now that I look at them again. Going north from cokato hwy 3, go past the french lake 4 way stop sign and take your first left tar road.

Next, take your first tar left hwy/rd 55(the road I missed completly) its by some new houses. Then take you next tar right. keep going a ways and you run into the landing.

I would also get someones cell #( maybee bassnspear) in case you have a hard time in the early morning darkness.

It would be a shame to miss out on it due to directions.

One Question.

At first everyone wanted to also do big pike. Now people are saying now. So Do we want it or not.

Please let me know by Thrusday. Thanks

Bass-n-Spear, Starting at 6:30 theres a good chance somebody could pull in a nice pike or Walleye, depending on where they start out.

We are not interested in the pike pot. If there is a side pot, that's fine but our vote is no pike pot in the "main" event. C&E

We are ither going to do it as a group for this event, or we are not going to do it at all.

We will talk about it at the landing. Lets not discuss it here please.

Thanks

1. Terry Robinson(Robbo17) and Ryan Payne

2. Bill Swindlehurst------- (partner?)

3. K Dawg--------WalleyeKing19 (Tony Abramowski)

4. Mojoputter (John Markham)------- Tanner (John's Son)

5. Bass N Spear (Jason Schade)--------Centralbassman(Mitch Schade)

6. Outdoors_Guy (Ben Schwarzrock)---------Dave Cole

7. Jess Olson(Hester)-----Dale Piepenburg

8. Sluggo (Scott Shipley)------Steve Armstrong

9. Frogtosser (Greg Evers)-------WFC (Bill Swindlehurst)

10. CrappiesNeyes(Ryan Brummond) --------- (partner?)

11. Josh Schultz---------_Wayne Stifter

12. Eric Tessmer(luvtofish)------- DAD

Sluggomaster,

I have spent the last couple hours thinking how I would respond to your reply. Here is my reply. I understand the term "Bass Event" and I understand the rules of the fishing event that were sent to me. No Changes in the event were ever sent to us. Sounds to me like a small group got together made some changes in the rules, but decided not to tell any else. Maybe I should just send you a check for the event and stay home.

The mistake was made by myself.

Never took the pike rule out when i started to send out the event information. I was using the same sheet that i used for a different gathering. So it is my fault that i sent out the wrong information.

We will discuss this at the event.