• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Couple of Questions?

Shallow Runner

I am making my first soft water trip to URL in way to many years. It will be during the week. Where would be the best access to put in at? Is their anytime that is better than others? Any ideas of where a person should start? I have lakemaster and have some ideas, but having not been there in such a long time, would prefer not to waste a lot of time looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SR

Shallow:

We just launched out of WestWinds this past Thursday, and we're glad we did!

An east/west oriented lake with prevailing westerlies and an east-shore launch all make for an interesting go of things from the launch out. WestWinds has a protected harbor, which made all the difference.

The nice part about it was that there's bait, advice, and calm waters in the harbor; all of which made it much easier to get onto the lake. Also, some good rock bars are much closer to WestWinds than the public accesses. This is a big feature if there's any wind on the lake at all. After you get back in, there's a fish cleaning station at your disposal, along with good food and a bar if you need something to eat.

You get a lot for a small launch fee!

Joel