• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
sdsujacks

access maps?

sdsujacks

Does anybody know if there are maps showing all of the public accesses on the MN River? Thanks.

rushing

Yep check out the DNR website and look for Minnesota river canoe maps or go get a Minnesota gazetteer.

sparcebag

Like rushing said,but there also are PRIM maps for $6 bucks or so they not only show all accesses but all public land.

KMR85

where do you get the PRIM maps?

sparcebag

The DNR

sdsujacks

Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up the canoe route maps this morning. They've got all the info I was looking for and the best part is they were free - well not really free when considering that it is our taxes and fees that pay for publishing them. Money well spent in my opinion. Thanks

hunting4walleyes

They also sell PRIM maps at sporting good stores. At least I bought a few at Gander a couple of years ago.

bgreen82

give this a try. has all 3 rivers, with accesses. maybe it will help.

river guide

PierBridge

Nice bgreen thanks and good find!

sparcebag

Dark I've got that,I yet get the PRIM closer detail. smile.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Cliff Wagenbach
      My prediction is that Pike Bay will open by May,4 and Big Bay will open by May, 12! Cliff
    • guideman
      It is much warmer now and after watching 30 ice outs on Vermilion, I think Pike bay will be ice free in about a week and Big bay typically follows about 10 days later.  Warm weather and wind can melt ice faster that you can believe. There might still be some ice floating around by the opener however I plan on going fishing like always. "Ace"  
    • guideman
      I know from living on Pike pay for 27 years that this will be one of the latest, if not the latest start dates that I have seen. Good news my neighbors boat lift broke though the ice today and that typically mean that Pike bay will be open within a week. ;) "Ace" ;) 
    • leech~~
      Smoken!
    • smurfy
      so eyeguy.......you keep them? picklin material???????? to many bones for anything else!!!!   nice pictures.!!!!! how many line tangles already!!!😄
    • eyeguy 54
      Hello thursday
    • Smoker2
    • maxpower117
      No wake is in effect currently and will be for the weekend opener.  Spread the word. 
    • Pat McGraw
      I wouldn't read too much into the open water in Oak Narrows. There's been open water there for more than a month. There's clearly forces other than air temps or sunshine at work there. With that said, considering the data shared by delcecchi, and the current 15-day forecast I am not without hope.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Enforcement Division has promoted four officers – Chelsie Leuthardt, Brandon McGaw, Jen Mueller and Brett Oberg – to the position of regional training officer. They’ve been in their new positions since April 18.  The Enforcement Division’s six regional training officers are responsible for training the state’s conservation officers on topics such as defensive tactics, firearms and use of force. In addition, they train and work closely with the 6,000 volunteers who are integral to delivering the division’s education and safety training program. (The largest number of volunteers, about 4,000, are firearms safety instructors.) Regional training officers also spend a portion of their time performing the traditional field duties of a conservation officer. Following are brief bios of the newly promoted officers: Chelsie Leuthardt has been a conservation officer for four years and most recently patrolled the White Bear Lake area. “I’ve made strong connections with many instructor groups and look forward to working with them more closely,” said Leuthardt, whose area includes the southeastern part of the state. “I enjoy working with our user groups and helping to form how we train our next generations of outdoor enthusiasts.” Brandon McGaw has been a conservation officer since 2007. For most of that time, he’s been stationed in the Mora area. He’s also been a Conservation Officer Academy instructor, field training officer, firearms instructor and use of force instructor. “I really love teaching,” said McGaw, whose area includes 10 counties north of the metro. “I enjoy connecting with the students as well as the older adults who take safety training courses.” Jen Mueller began her career as a conservation officer in the Hutchinson-West station in 2012. Mueller, who was promoted after serving as an acting regional training officer, said she learned quickly that participating in the Enforcement Division’s youth safety programs was one of her favorite parts of the job. “I’m amazed by our volunteer instructor groups and how passionate they are about what they’re teaching,” said Mueller, whose area includes the southwestern part of the state. “I also enjoy teaching our officers and helping them become better equipped to deal with situations they may face in the field.” Brett Oberg has been a conservation officer for 13 years and spent much of that time in the Hutchinson-East station. He’s also been an armorer, field training officer and use of force instructor. “I really enjoy training others and seeing youth get excited about the outdoors, especially firearms and hunting,” said Oberg, whose area includes the south metro and south-central part of the state. “I also enjoy teaching at the Conservation Officer Academy and helping the new recruits become conservation officers.” The four officers join Regional Training Officer Mike Lee, who covers the northeastern part of the state, and Acting Regional Training Officer Greg Oldakowski, who is responsible for the northwestern part of the state. Bruce Lawrence is the Enforcement Division’s statewide recreational vehicle coordinator. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.