• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Mille Lacs

notenoughfishing

I'm new here so I hope it is not considered inappropriate to ask members where and how to fish. I am going to Mille Lacs on Thursday for the first time in two years. Probably will put the boat in at the south end (Cove Bay), but could go anywhere. Will fish from about 4:00 PM until whenever. I have a GPS and have already input the coordinates for many of the spots marked on ProMap Series LakeMaster map of Mille Lacs. That map shows coordinates for a lot of the flats in the northwest quadrant of the lake, plus many reefs in other parts of the lake. Can anyone give me some advice on how deep the walleyes are likely to be? Are they out on the mud flats yet? On gravel? What techniques are likely to work best this time of year, and should we change techniques as we get near and after sunset? Any advice on location and technique would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did this thread get moved from it's original spot because I thought thats where I was. confused.gif

Not enough

There's plenty of old posts that cover all your questions but I'll give you my two cents worth. The fish are out on the flats, we fished on Monday and caught fish anywhere from 23-31". we drifted the flats with 10" snells with red hook and white beeds and Leaches we also caugth fish with a spinner and Crawler. I would find a flat and depending on the wind find the edge and troll or drift. if you don't catch any fish or mark fish move to the next flat. It really isn't that hard to catch fish and most will be nice fish.

Good Luck

Mark

mark

not enough we fished the mud flats on Sunday caught fish on top of the flats, on the slopes and out in the deep. They just seemed to be scattered all around the flats. We fished with spinners 8-10' crawlers and leeches. Hammered Copper was the best.

Just spend a while and look at some of these posts. Head out to the mud for sure!!!! Try the tops and the edges. If there are a few in the boat , rig up differently. Last Fri they preferred chart hooks and a chart. bead, over red hook . Leeches, different color beads, and spinner colors. Crawlers also. Just make sure you use snells anywhere from 7-11 ft.