• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nisswa Guide Service Report-Early July

Busy, Busy, Busy here in the Nisswa area. It has been hectic everywhere you go whether it is on the water or at the bait shop. It hasn’t slowed the fishing a bit though. The bass and pike fishing is awesome lately. Pretty much any lake that we’ve been fishing has produced some great action. The big ones are on the prowl as well. This morning we lost a huge pig of a bass as it made one last run for daylight, than it was gone. That is how the big ones get big I guess. Rapalas or plastic worms are working the best along the weedlines. If I had to pick a depth I would say 14-16 feet has been best. For walleyes we have spent most of our time up on the Whitefish chain. The other lakes in the area have just been pretty slow. Lindy rigs and redtail chubs or leeches have been working best in 14-24 feet. Slow and steady while working over the walleyes on Whitefish. Sometimes it has taken a couple of passes to get them going. The panfish are going strong in 8-10 feet of water and the crappies are starting to show up again in the early mornings or the evenings. Well that’s the latest here for early July. Keep checking back for the latest.

Jason Erlandson