• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trailerless Cars Parking in Public Access

Faner50

Cars/SUVs parking in the access area without a trailer really upsets me. Cove access had 7 trailerless cars parked (3 parallel parked) taking up at least 10 spots that could have been used for trailer parking. The lot was full. I live near lakes where you can only park at the access unless you are pulling a trailer. Maybe the State should put in a couple of "Park & Ride" lots for those with no trailers. There buddies with the boat could pick them up there then drive to the access.

I think the DNR or whoever would be walking a thin line. You might still have cars park in boat spots if the lot is too far away for them to walk(lazy people) or once the boat lot fills up, peoplo with trailors will be parking there. Tuff situation.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I've parked at a public access without a trailer. It's not unusual at all. Frequently it's two buddies meeting at the lake for a day of fishing. Although I do park aways from the access if possible to leave those spots for the vehicles with trailers. As far as seven vehicles using up 10 spots goes, there must have been some real creative parking. Probably would have been even worst if they had trailers behind them. wink.gif

No matter what you do there will be those kind of folks who do things that just don't make sense. Take a deep breath and go fishing. Life is too short to waste fishing time being upset over how folks park. Over the years I think I've seen it all at the access. Although the most memorible was the time some guy lauched his new 1900 lund off the trailer about 30 feet from the water blocking the single access on a very busy weekend. Could have been upset but several of us helped the two guys who were in shock get the boat back on the trailer so the rest of us could get some fishing in.

Stuff happens.

Good Luck!

K Dawg sent you some pic's just wanted to share some of are good times on the Big Pond!!!

Quote:

I've parked at a public access without a trailer. It's not unusual at all. Frequently it's two buddies meeting at the lake for a day of fishing. Although I do park aways from the access if possible to leave those spots for the vehicles with trailers. As far as seven vehicles using up 10 spots goes, there must have been some real creative parking. Probably would have been even worst if they had trailers behind them.
wink.gif

No matter what you do there will be those kind of folks who do things that just don't make sense. Take a deep breath and go fishing. Life is too short to waste fishing time being upset over how folks park. Over the years I think I've seen it all at the access. Although the most memorible was the time some guy lauched his new 1900 lund off the trailer about 30 feet from the water blocking the single access on a very busy weekend. Could have been upset but several of us helped the two guys who were in shock get the boat back on the trailer so the rest of us could get some fishing in.

Stuff happens.

Good Luck!

If you are meeting your buddy why dont you meet at nearby grocery store and park your car there and leave the spot for someone with a trailer? confused.gif

As far as it being not unusual, check the access out good because some are posted for vehicles with trailers only and I do forward the license number to the dnr for the cars that disobey. grin.gif

Tim, just checked my mail and there was nothing there. Don't know what's up?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I've done that and do it when it works out. But it doesn't always work out. Even then I feel bad about using a business's parking space for hours when I'm not there as a customer. Gotta think of that angle as well. There are times they need that space as well.

Just thought I'd put it out there that it's probably not commuters eating up those spots. To be honest it can count the times the public lots have been totally full on one hand other than certain weekends. There's lots of public and private launch sites on Mille Lacs. If it's full there are other options out there at least.

I'll watch that marking closer as far for vehicles with trailers only. Are you refering to particular spots or the launch as a whole? I don't think I've noticed it other than particular parking spots.

Good Luck once you've finally found a spot to launch your boat. Sounds like the bite been decent at least. laugh.gif

I agree mille lacs has alot of opportunities to launch your boat, Its other lakes I was referring to that only have one or two access's. I live 1 mile from a pretty good size lake and dont even bother with it any more. It seems its always full and by the time the wife runs the truck home pick her up and reverse that to get home you have over 2 hours shot.

As far as the bite goes I keep wondering why I spend the money to go to mille lacs. Was out Saturday night and lets just say it was rough, white caps aplenty. Oh and flies also. shocked.gif