• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fire Flies?????

eelpout1

On Mille lacs last night south end of lake and while fighting off the caddis and mayflys we noticed what appeared to be fire flys floating in the water and not just on the surface they seemed to be under the water also blinking just like fireflys do. Anybody have any answers? I've been fishing mille lacs since 1960 or so and have never seen this (no its not a acid flash back) The fishing was slow, by the way! 2-27s and 1-17

Eelpout,

I was fishing on 8-mile sunday night and we noticed the same thing. We assumed fire flies but as you said many were below the surface and flashing. I would be curious to hear if they are anything other than fire flies. We ended up boating 23 fish Sunday evening on bobbers and leeches. How was the south end.