• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone have any information on the Blue Earth or Minnesota River near/around Mankato....I have been fishing the sandbar down from the dam and had some luck with northerns and 1 or 2 eyes per trip. Any other good walleye spots?...Also wondering if there are any smallies near Rapidan...I caught a white bass a couple weekends ago.

Once upon a time the Blue Earth was listed as having Smallies but I think those days are long gone.

If you read on the blue earth county website with all the park listings, it says the blue earth and minnesota rivers around mankato have good smallmouth opportunity. I have never seen or heard of one caught in this area before.

I doubted that there were any but I like to be optimistic...The reason i asked was because of the article in Minnesota Sportsman last month about the Blue Earth River from the dam to Mankato, it said there were smallmouth still around.

Well they did catch a musky up near the dam last year so anything is possible I guess but smallmouths are cooler water fish and the blue earth tends to get very warm in the summer. Even if a smallmouth could somehow survive the temps I doubt there would be a fishable population of them because of the harsh conditions.