• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

looking for new Goose calls

I'm sure you guys have covered this before. So please bear with me I'm new to this forum thing, I'm looking for a new shaved reed. Tried a few different ones. I like my Tim Grounds but not quite satisfied. I only want to spend about $100.Thanks!

Try a Paul Englund pit crew. Good sounding call and you'll have lots of change left over from that hunny.

I have been experimenting with the new Giant Killer calls! I have to say the one I like the most is probably the LG-1 Little Giant. It has a really nice pitch to it the reed seems to crack ith much less air moving through and it is a really fast call. I think I paid $130 for it with out S&H. Otherwise Fioles Strait Meat Honker meat has my second vote!

Quote:

I have been experimenting with the new Giant Killer calls! I have to say the one I like the most is probably the LG-1 Little Giant. It has a really nice pitch to it the reed seems to crack ith much less air moving through and it is a really fast call. I think I paid $130 for it with out S&H. Otherwise Fioles Strait Meat Honker meat has my second vote!

Same exact thing here. I have had dozens of different calls from dozens of different makers, but the GK line is hands down my favorite with Foiles being my second. I really like the LG1 from GK, but my favorite is actually the Giant Slayer. It is their Acetal call that is only $79.99. It has a softer, more mellow tone to it than acrylic calls and it love it for a nice change up call that seems to produce most days. I would definitely give GK a look before making any purchases.

Same here. I have the GK little giant and the Foiles SMH as well, I love em both. I want to try out the other GK calls to see how they are to.

I have a Heartland Flatliner II that sounds great when other people use it. grin.gif

I also have a Meat Grinder that I like..

Thanks for the response. Where can I find GK calls? I mainly shop in Gander Mt. in Duluth.

they do have a nice web site with sound files of all there calls, i've never blown a GK, but have heard many good things about them

ive got a winglock, a foiles high plains, and a grounds supermag, and out of the box the grounds was the nicest sounding, but after tuning, the winglock sounds the best now. i practice equally on all of them so as to not have a "favorite" because i use them all in different situations.

Just paged through the Mack's mag. Holy hannah. Hunt quite a few high pressure areas and hear alot of poor calling. Gotta assume most are using calls from a similar source. My whole lanyard of 3-4 calls didn't cost me what a single call goes for. Spend less money on the call and pay for a lesson and see more birds in the bag.

I vote for the Zink paralyzer SR1. Comes with a good instructional dvd. Not just for beginners either.

i blow a c&S custom call burnt hedge goose call. I happen to be good friends with mike the owner so that helps but as far as quality and craftsmanship and giving you the time of day he can't be beat. Plus he has taught me that there is really only about 4 different sets of guts ou there and everybody uses almost the same stuff. Nothing new under the sun. Great guy and his calls are worth your time.

ike

I have a zink power clucker for about 110 at cabelas... works great cuz its my call and i learned how i wanted to use it... but I found i could do different some different lay down calls better with higher quality calls... then again I have 30-40 dollar calls that will do everything you need them to minus a few things that you can get by without doing

Sorry, but all of you are wrong. Gansers freestyle calls are by far the best call out there on the market right now.

He has developed a call that is well above the competition.

Check it out online.

I have blown almost every call on the market and no call is as easy to blow and it has the gooseiest sounds of any call.

weird you're from clearwater what a coincidence...

Quote:

Sorry, but all of you are wrong. Gansers freestyle calls are by far the best call out there on the market right now.

Check it out online.

I have blown almost every call on the market and no call is as easy to blow and it has the gooseiest sounds of any call.

spoken like a true pro-staffer!!

Quote:

Check it out online.

Huh??????????????? Is that post meant to be taken seriously? If so, I have a Ganser Freestyle that I have to have you tune for me because I am not getting those same results with mine confused.gif

Qaulity isn't always the issue... sometimes its the caller.. I go out with a lot of different kids cuz i am in college and trust me... I have to bite my tongue often and i am not a perfect caller either but... Some people think they sound awesome when in reality... they suck horribly.. Go to cabelas sometime and ask an certain employee in the goose calling dept to throw you a tune.. there are alot of people who think they are doing things just great... like i have said before... my 20 dollar calls sound pretty close to my expensive calls

No I am not a prostaffer. I started out blowing a Half Breed a number of years ago, but met Ganser about 8 years ago and have stayed in touch. It is just my opinion. I have hunted geese for over 20 years now and have had my best success blowing Gansers calls. I am far from a competition caller and have no desire to be one, I just want to kill geese and I want others to experience the same. Bushwacker if you need your called tuned, I would be happy to help you out.

Long Honker Goose flute. $20 and have used them for 10 years up in canada. All 4 of us have the same thing. We are limited out in Canadians in 3 days at the most. Limit is 16 per person so that's 64 Canadas. Plus you can only hunt Canadas tell 11AM.

I use the winglok derlin. It is a great sounding call. The only problem I have is the low feeding calls are harder to do. It won't matter how good you are if you are not in the right place, you have to be where the birds want to be. Scouting is the key to a successful hunt. If you want to learn to call you have to listen to the geese. I like to get out in the morning and the evening before season and listen to them react to each other. Early in the year they seem to be more content and in feeding patterns in their family groups, so they don't need a whole lot of noise and excitment but that all seems to change when the migration is on.

Quote:

Long Honker Goose flute. $20 and have used them for 10 years up in canada. All 4 of us have the same thing. We are limited out in Canadians in 3 days at the most. Limit is 16 per person so that's 64 Canadas. Plus you can only hunt Canadas tell 11AM.

Calling geese up in Canada and calling them here are two different ballgames.

If you need to change the pitch of the Ganser call I have a recommendation for you, Pitch it in the water and get a different call. Corey Ganser is not exactly what you would call a poster boy for the sport of waterfowling! I could say much more but I will just leave it at that!

Quote:

Quote:

Calling geese up in Canada and calling them here are two different ballgames.

I don't hunt waterfowl down here but the other 3 guys do and that long honker goose call is still all they use. But by all means go buy that $100 goose call.

Quote:

No I am not a prostaffer. I started out blowing a Half Breed a number of years ago, but met Ganser about 8 years ago and have stayed in touch. It is just my opinion. I have hunted geese for over 20 years now and have had my best success blowing Gansers calls. I am far from a competition caller and have no desire to be one, I just want to kill geese and I want others to experience the same. Bushwacker if you need your called tuned, I would be happy to help you out.

Do your Gansers have the red Saunders guts in them? Mine do and I was thinking of changing them out for Foiles Green, but if you are having that good a luck with the Saunders I might have to play around with them a little more.

Ok guys, I thought these forums were not a bashing session?!? I didnt bash any of you for the calls that you blow, I guess I just expect the same. Your right, Corey has not given himself the best name in waterfowling, but I figure you always give someone a second chance. Right?

If you sit down with Foiles for 1 minute and try and have a conversation with him I think you know that he does not have the best name in waterfowling either, but these guys are just out there trying to make a living just like the rest of us. I have a Foiles call also and I think it is a good product too. I just prefer Gansers calls thats all.

Cant we just all get along? I would rather bash on the guys that skybust geese all day long that is definitely a problem.