• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need Help-July8th-15th

Staying at Arnesens's July 8th- July 15th.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated, this is my first time at LOW. Im reading a lot about the reefs, are people jigging or lindy's, or pulling cranks...

Any help would be appreciated !!!! Thanks Guys

Hopper

At that time, they will probably be doing all 3. Jigging the reefs should be a good bet. 12 Mile, 2 humps north of 12, 16, Tower, Gull Rock, Little Gull Rock, etc. Some days they like a colored jig and other days they want a plain lindy or maybe even something pulled behind a bottom bouncer. You also see guys pulling riggers with sr-7 rapalas and long lining reef runners. I guess it all depends on what you want to do. I like to fish live bait so I would start jigging/lindying the reefs. If its slow, pull the long lines or the riggers out and cruise the edges in deeper water. Watch your electronics because you should see fish a few feet off the bottom. Adjust the lure running depth accordingly. Good luck.

Perfect advice bapper......almost sounds like Blaine is a suburb of Baudette and you're out everyday.

You know Walleyejon, the 6 hour drive with 2 kids from Blaine kills me but once I get up there, there's no other place I would rather be. Its tough to beat fishing the rocks. I only get up about 7-8 times per year, but you always have the chance to catch that big one.

Let me know when you're headed up again....I'm a rock hound with children too.

mneyecatcher at yahoo

WJ, I will let you know. I think 7/18-7/22 is the next trip. Maybe we can meet up and find some fish and find some beers.

Bob