• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big fish

basskid

Well has any one een out fishing lately. Ive been doing a little wading and have been gettin some really nice fish. Not a whole lot for numbers but they have been nice. Between yesterday the day before and this morning ive gotten 5 over 17 and the biggest one was 19.25. Then i got another 19 and a 20 about a week and a half ago. I was going to take a picture of the biggest but my moms camera is broken so i got to get a different camera. But any ways they have all be in less than 2 feet of water chasing minnows and crayfish. They have been hitting topwater and soft plastic jerkbaits worked right under the surface. So if the boat dont float get out there and walk. grin.gif

Fished the river today and had a numbers day but nothing big. Biggest was only about 16.5 of two dozen fish. Using mostly tube jigs.

If you can find a place wading is the way to go. Between two of us we caught 20 or so smallies in about 3 hours yesterday, the biggest was about 17, but a lot of fish and a blast had by all.

Wading is all I've ever done in the river but this year my usual stretches have not been producing much. I've made some trips up to Elk River. I'm still shoppin' around.

Joe

Theyve just started picking up here below the dam in brainerd now that theyve cut off some of the water flow. Caught a 19.5 and some smaller ones, all on poppers. The best is still to come boys.