• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Owasso/Johanna

Had planned to get out there today-change of plans had us at Johanna. Big fat zero- but it beats workin', and was a nice day to at least get the boat in the water. That will be it for awhile, unfortunately. Have had decent luck on Johanna in the past, but last few times- zip.

yes the worst day of fishing still beats out the best day of work!! haha I will be hitting owasso next week. havent fished it since opener. hopefully can still find a few walleyes. and the northerns i hear people catching in there.

I fished Johanna last night for bass and had pretty good luck despite the wind. The kayak was getting blown around a lot but I was still able to pull some nice bass from the docks laugh.gif

DT10

I've actually caught fish on this lake the last two times I've been out! Last summer it routinely skunked me.

I caught my first muskie on it a couple of weekends ago and we managed a couple of smaller northerns that day too.

Last weekend I ran into a crappie.

Not to hijack this thread, but does this lake seem to be busier this year than in the past??

No, IMO. Depends on when you go, I guess. Sometimes I am driving past running kids here and there, and it is packed. Other times, none or maybe a few rigs out there. As always, Metro lakes are a better bet on weekdays, if you don't want company and those *%$#@ jet-skis buzzing you non-stop.

I was on Owasso 6/28 with my son. We routinely fish it for muskies. Had 1 blow up on a glide bait and a follow on a bobbie bait (7incher) Hard to tell size I think about a 40".

Quote:

I was on Owasso 6/28 with my son. We routinely fish it for muskies. Had 1 blow up on a glide bait and a follow on a bobbie bait (7incher) Hard to tell size I think about a 40".

Give a man a fish,he'll have a meal. Teach him how to fish he'll eat many meals.

• 3 weeks later...

we fished owasso on july 6th! found a good spot that had walleye, sunnies and 18-19 inch bass! all caught with leeches and crawlers on slip bobbers! i didnt know owasso had bass that size. they were such fun to catch!!

i havent caught any yet. i havent spent much time looking for them either!

Was out there last night. Dead-sea city. Tried for Pike - Nada, Walters in front of the access - missed three bites, Bass along docks - no dice.

I won't be back for a while.