• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Glenwood / Alex area T.V reception?

Just got a cabin in the villard area and the place came with one of those $100 amplified indoor antennas. gets wcco crystal clear but nothing else. anyone else in the area have a good reccomendation for a simple set up (besides satelite) where I can get at least the other big stations, nbc , abc. ??

Any help is appreciated

I am in Osakis. With regular TV antenna, I have two stations: WCCO Ch 7, and KSTP Ch 42.

There used to be a UHF translator on the south shore of Minnewaska. I have not used it in 4 years since getting satellite so not sure if it is still in operation.

My parents live about 10 miles west of Alex. With the antenna they get 7, 42 and occasionaly, on a clear day, they get Fox out of Fargo.

Hey Cowboy,

We are about a mile away from you, straight across Amelia. We also only get 7 and 42. My wife usually has a couple of video tapes tucked in a drawer with a movie or show that she taped at home. If we get stuck inside because of rain or something, we have a choice of whatever is on the channel we can see, or watching something she has on a video tape. If you watch a lot of TV, I think your only option at the lake will be satellite.

I have a cabin on lake osakis and here is what you need to get about 25 channels including history ch., discovery ch. and outdoor ch.

You need a winegard UHF antenna like the model HD9065P with a pre amp model AP-4700. Point the center beem of the antenna towards brandon MN and use a 75 ohm coax to hook up antenna to pre-amp to power supply to tv. Power supply gets plugged into wall by tv and should come with pre amp. Do a on-line search for winegard products for sale and you should be able to find these items.

Quote:

Just got a cabin in the villard area and the place came with one of those $100 amplified indoor antennas. gets wcco crystal clear but nothing else. anyone else in the area have a good reccomendation for a simple set up (besides satelite) where I can get at least the other big stations, nbc , abc. ??

Any help is appreciated

In Alex, we have what is called selective tv. It is a "non-profit" airwave transmission that puts normal cable programs over the air. Right now they did some changes and dropped some stations and picked up others. We lost discovery and picked up outdoors, we also lost tvland, and picked up 45 in the cities, ect...

The channels are something like, 16 (45 in the cities), 18 (nbc from the cities), 34 RFD tv, 38 (29 in the cities??), 44 religion, 48 (9 in the cities??), 50 weather channel, 52 history channel, 55 country music, 58 is msnbc, 62 was hallmark, not sure what it is now, 67 is the old discovery channel, now outdoors channel. I think these are the channels mentioned in the post about the wineguard antenna.

We also have the 2 local stations, 7 cbs, and 42 abc, which is the only one left with local news and weather. There are other stations that can be picked up too, like PBS channel 30.

The reason why you get cbs well is becouse it is local, just like 42, your not going to pick up anything directly from the cities. We have a big tower at the farm right outside of Little falls, and we barely get tv from the cities. My parents, who are just south of Milaca, don't get everything from the cities clear either.