• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FMers,

I'm heading up to Devil Track Lake this upcoming weekend. I've never fished it before. I've done some studying up, primarily pilfering through DNR netting stats, etc...

Anyways, I'm just trying to kill some time while "vacationing" with the in-laws. Not planning on keeping any fish, not asking for any honey holes. I'm simply interested in catching some fish.

Thanks a lot guys.

The bass should still be in the shallows. I was up there 2 weeks ago and we caught over 100 bass in the day. You'll nail them every other cast with a white or orange 3" power grub or twister tail. The walleyes were tight lipped, maybe they'll be more active now. Most of them run on the smaller side though. The north side of the lake has the better fishing. There are some potential big northerns in the lake. It's a good evening lake too, walleyes move in real shallow. If you have a lakeside site you'll be able to catch them from shore with a bobber and leech.

JB - any size to your bass? I haven't fished Devil Track much the last few years, but it was always hard to find respectable-sized bass or walleyes.

Mike, I'm sorry, I meant the south shore of the lake is better fishing. If you start in the middle where the islands are and work your way west (or vice versa depending on the wind) you'll catch more bass than you can count. The northshore from the campgrounds west can be good too though.

Jaybird. I have noticed the average size has gone down just a little bit, but we were still catching them at 3/4 to a pound, with a few 2 pounders mixed in. I seen a few reel biggies cruising around in the shallows, but they weren't interested in any baits.