• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anybody ever fish walleyes on pleasant? My in laws have a cabin there and I have had some trouble finding them.

Oh there in there, but with the large population of pan fish and bass live bait seldom works as it gets ate up before the eye's ever see it. My best results normally are with lip less cranks, right at and out from the weed line. Perch, emerald/blue, and the black/gray/silver have worked the best depending on the day. I have also had some results on a jig with a plastic shad on it.

Hope this helps you out.

Lynn

Didn't the dnr have that lake closed for awhile is it back open I haven't fished that lake for 15 years at least.

If we are talking the same Pleasant and I think we are... the one just southwest of the corner of Ottertail 1 and 35. I have had a lake place on Little Pleasant for over 30 years and do not recall the lakes ever being closed for fishing. I know they stocked the big lake with walleye in err think it was 2003 with some yearling's. And Anna across the road on 35 they stock with fingerling's about ever couple of years. With the high water they have all stayed connected with unnavigable channels the past few years. Big Pleasant connects up with Fish Lake which is how we ended up with so many carp in recent years. Oh well they are fun to catch also.

I fish mostly pan fish and bass, now and then stumble in to some eyes.

Pleasant Lake north of St Paul is closed to fishing.

We are talking the same lake I think right across from Anna.I have never cought any thing on Anna. I gave up fishing on it. But am taking the girlfriend up fishing this week end and looking for some panfish. But anyway I swore the had that lake closed a couple of years back mybe It had to do with the boat access. Is there a good landing.

Minnesota DNR concrete public access is located off of the township road along the north shoreline, I have not been over there this year but I see rigs sitting there so they must be getting in and out without any trouble. I been fishing on Ottertail when we have been to something other then right out the front door. Usually you can limit out on sun fish 6-8 inches in no time and have a blast doing it. I know I see several fishing crappie and sunnies right off the shoulder on the north side of the road regularly.

Neighbor usually goes over to Dead and gets a nice mess of bluegill on most trips.

Have a good weekend Brett.

Lynn

Now that I get to thinking about it they may of had that access closed a few years back do to high water...