• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Sportland_Bait

Nisswa Guide Service Fishing Report!

Sportland_Bait

Summer has arrived here in the lakes area. For us fishermen that can be good or bad, depends on how you look at it. The fishing is picking up for some species like Bass, Pike, and Panfish. While the fishing for walleyes has slowed a little. We have still been able to find and catch a few each day. Gull lake has been a little slower recently but we have had decent success on the Whitefish Chain and North Long Lake. This time of the year try a few different tactics until you contact active walleyes. Some of our favorite techniques have been dragging a Northland spinner and a Gulp nightcrawler. Another option worth trying is trolling a number 5 Rapala Shad Rap along the weed edges. Lastly once you have located a school you can hover over them with a Live bait rig. Leeches have been pretty effective as have redtail chubs. We've been finding fish from right up in the weeds out into the mid 20s for depths. This is the beginning of the busy season on the area lakes. Fishing in the mornings and evenings are usually the most productive for the walleyes. If you are looking to catch a bunch of fish now is prime time for the largemouth bass, northern pike and scrappy panfish. There are lots of options for bass and they all work. Right now I prefer a jig and plastic worm or a weed weasel tipped with a lively minnow. For pike try trolling anything with flash. Sucker minnows are also a mainstay for pike action. Sunfish are very active out on the weed edges. Small hair jigs tipped with a wax worm will produce an awesome fish fry. Should be a great week up here. If you want to go fishing with one of the famous fishing guides from the Nisswa Guide Service please give us a call. We still have a couple of openings this week.

Jason Erlandson

Sportland_Bait

Just a quick reminder to those travelling in from out of state or first time resident license buyers. Remember to have your social security number with for your fishing license purchase. The state requires it. That way there will not be any slow downs when you arrive. After a bit of searching this morning our customers were on their way to the lake with a group of our guides, so it all worked out. But it is something to prepare for.

Jason Erlandson

TOP FIVE

Jason,

What are the hours of operation for the bait shop around the 4th?

Sportland_Bait

At the bait shop Dave has been opening around 6:30 and staying open until between 6-7:00 pm. With all the people around next week I'm sure the store will be open even more.

Jason Erlandson