• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FBL- Fun Bass League (Revised Schedule)

Just looked at the radar and it looks like the worst has passed our area. I will look a couple more times before i head out. As of now i am planning on fishing tonight.

If you want good info, check weather.com or kare11.com smile.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Brelje

• Deitz Dittrich

• ole matty

• BassAkwards

I'm still not convinced, that second front passing st.cloud looks just as bad and looks like it will hit us dead on...

Its official.. I talked to Jeff and we will not be there tonight. I am leaving for vacation in the morning, and I still feel that second front is going to smack us good.

Another One in the Books!!! Tuesday was a very good night for some anglers and not so nice to others.

We had a total of 9 boats on N/S Center, only 2 were singles. Mark C and partner managed a nice 5 fish total of 80" with a 20" big bass to go with it. That was enough to take the win with others finishing anywhere from 72"-25".

Mark fished a sunkin island in about 10 fow and used a bass jig to get 4 of his 5. Others had success throwing worms and topwater frogs around lily pads. Deeper weeds also seemed to produce for some pulling a fat rap or spinnerbait.

Where do I buy one of those measuring sticks. I was at gander the other day and couldnt find one. thanks

What launch will you be using for today's outing on Forest Lake? I have not fished this lake since I was a kid and in looking at a map it shows 3 launches? Not sure if I will be able to make it today but am going to try.

Tough conditions out there on tuesday. For those that managed the results were good, for most. Once again Deitz and Jeff had a great day, 75" along with a 42" muskie.

Off to Big Marine next week

any1 have open spot in their boat tmw evening? i might also have open spot in my boat too if any1 is intersting in fishin fbl. lmk asap or shoot me a email at matty5 at tmail (Contact Us Please) com

I have an open spot in my boat. I have not been able to make any of these so far but will definately be there tmw.

i think i had find the parnter for this event will know for sure tmw.. see you guys tmw hope fish god r watchin over us!!

brokemoterdude, will be good to see you again... and in the same spot as I saw you last time.. but this time... your moter will be working laugh.gif

Theres only one landing at Big Marine open right now right? The small one on May or something like that?

i believe it is on mayberry. someone correct me if im wrong

Congrats to Mullet man last night... Matty! Good job!

I was out at Big Marine last night, in a red lund with a buddy. Our intention was to participate. We had the score sheet and everything. We put in at the wrong landing and caught 2 11"ers and a 13", all with frogs in pads. We were too embarrased to go the north landing at 8 30pm. I'm curious how the others caught fish if they are willing to share. We tried deep with jig and pigs, senkos, and tubes. I even threw on a drop shot...we started off the girlscout point and then into the east bay.

while almost everyone gunnin for deep or breakline or lilypad.. as for first timer to big marine me n buddy decide to hit docks with berkley beast on texas rigs and voodoo senko on wacky rigs.. we actually strugglin for first 1 n half hour with 1 10" then we went to other side of bm. and startin hittin those first 2 or 3 docks with 3 15s, and 14. then we tried pencil reeds with tr and wacky rigs but no luck and switch to buzzbait caught nice one... not bad for first timer i wld say.. and its nice to see everybody out there cant believe the numbers! i think i counted 30 people include me n my parnter.. hope to see everyone of u next week!

mullet man

Bass- you should have show up at the landing... it was a struggle for almost all! I was lucky enough to get big bass for the tournament at 17.5".. but finished my limit with 12.5" fish... You were not the only ones who had trouble out there, nobody at our little round table discussion claimed to have a good night. I dont think anybody caught more than 8 fish.. Unless you count pike.. a few boats claimed to put a hurting on the pike.

Yea, I nailed two decent pike as well, one on texas rigged swim senko and the other in 2 ft of water on a bronze eye. On the frog, he hit fairly far away and I thought I had a monster bass in the pads, only to bring in a 25" pike. argggh.

Seems like the most fish were caught in 5-10 fow in the weeds, but the I think the better sized ones came in deeper water. I fished in the north arm in 5-8 feet the whole night. I found some large pods of small sunnies and small bass that were swimming around. Every couple minutes you would see a splash when the bass came up to eat so they were easy to follow around. Casting a crankbait or using other minnow type baits and running them through the bait fish didn't work for me. What did work was using a plastic worm, wacky rigged was better, but texas rigged weightless worked if the weeds were heavy, and casting about 5-10 feet away from the bait fish and letting the bait sink all the way to the bottom were the bass were laying. I did end up getting 9 fish, but 4 were 9 inches or under. The rest were in the 12-13.5 range. I should have moved to find bigger fish, but I stuck with what was working hoping the bigger ones would come out as the night went along, but 13.5 was my biggest.

It was a great night to be out, a little hot the first hour, but a great turnout and it was nice to see everyone back at the landing. See y'all next week! cool.gif

Never thought this little idea would take off as it has!!! Thanks for everyone that showed up last night, it was a lot of fun.

Had a slow night on the bass 5 for a total of 59" many pike. most bass came on a buzz bait over the weeds (pike came on anything put in the water. It was great to see the size of the turn out hope it keeps growing as seeing how everyone did at the end of the night is the real highlight for me! Now I can't wait for Tuesdays grin.gif

I too, now look forward to Tues. nites. It's forced me to get to know the lakes in my own backyard. It's also forced me to fish MORE - "sorry honey, It's league nite. Oh, and I have to prefish too." In years past, I've fished Wis. a little more, letting weather dictate when I go. FBL forces you to fish all conditions, learn more.

That said, I won't be at Chisago tomorrow. Got a small window to chase smallies (and ski's) on Mille Lacs for a couple a days. Too bad too. I really need to learn that deep water on Chisago. Hopefully, the big pond will ease my pain.

rascal (Ethan)

Well, what's the report on Chisago. Looks like Deitz rules with his deep water spots and Matty, were you on docks?

I can tell you, Mille Lacs was NOT the place to be. Smallies were off. Could'nt even catch one under a bouy wink.gif. Threw the tackle box - and a few kitchen sinks. Positive note: 2 guys I was with caught personal best smallies - 20" and 18". The guide, (me), stunk it up with a solo 10". 5 total - 13 hrs. Oh well, ya don't know if ya don't go. See you at Green!

rascal