• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

do most of you focus on downed trees in the river or just deep waster in the evening?? I did get my first flat today which was about 10lbs. any info would be great..

Go to the Catfish forum on here and look through the past posts. Any question you what to know about or answers to ones you didn't even think to ask is all in there.

Trees are important and deep water are important! If you can combine the two you got er made. What you need to keep in mind is that the deeper water and wood are generrally their daytime resting areas. They then move out of these areas to nearby back eddies, rock bars, shallow runs, cut banks, etc... to feed after dark. so I generally fish these areas until maybe midnight and then if it slows up I might move back to the hole before dawn and try to cut off the fish returning to the hole for the day. This is generally a good time for big fish. This is just my plan of attack but there are however several different ways you can go about it. This might be a good starting point and then you can kind of figure out what works best for you and make some adjustments from there. Hope this helps you out!! Good fishin!!