• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Attn: Whitefish Chain walleye experts

I'm heading up to Crosslake for our annual family vacation this Thurs.-Tues. I've fished these lakes before, but I've had no success with the walleye. Can anyone give me some advice on areas to target. In fact, any advice would help. Ya know, all that "i ain't lookin for your secert spot" yadda yadda applies. But just some quick tips could help. Thanks

Troll the weededges on Lower Whitefish with Shad Raps or other cranks. Also try jigging the humps and sunken islands on Cross, but you often will get pike nailing you. I have got some there, but not many, though it is where everyone thinks they should be smile.gif Also the points on Crosslake down into about 20 FOW has gotten us some, even in midday.

Good luck,

I'm no expert, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. Don't waste your time jigging or rigging. I've found to catch Whitefish Wally's it's best to move quicker and target the aggressive fish. Use spinner rigs and cranks. Troll the weed edges as said above. Your best luck will come within a couple hours of sunrise/sunset.

Thank you both for the advise. Keep'em coming.You don't have to be a expert either, even if you tell me what didn't work, it would help. I guess I shoulda titled this thread differently.