• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
sloughshark

lookin to bag up

sloughshark

hey yall im headed to the Detroit lakes way on saturday thru wednesday for some fishin, never been up that way before and i would like to possibly pound on some largies. Any lakes up there anyone would recommend?? thanks in advance.

Anylakeanytime

I haven't fished large mouths very often, but when I did on Star Lake, I managed to catch at least 4-5 each morning (I only would fish for about 3 hours). There are two arms on star (West and South) that both are good areas to fish for them (tons of wild rice and lily pads, reeds...etc.

sloughshark

thanks a bunch ANYlakeanytime, appreciate it, I used to fish largies in the sauk centre area regularly but these will be all new waters to me. Walleye action pretty decent up there??

shae1986

Walleyes have been going good along with the bass. Many lakes for you too try and if you want a big bass i would hit Big Detroit. There are some pigs in there.

fisherdog19

Little Detroit, fish docks. Rose lake in the south arm would be another one. Sallie has nice largemouth as well. Trowbridge. Just a few off the top, most any lake around here will have them; they just don't seem to get fished too hard.

Anylakeanytime

Wallyes have been great, but it slowed down (at least on Lida) last weekend? Not sure how it has been elsewhere.

sloughshark

we'll be stayin at a cabin on Sybil lake, a little south of vergas. Hows that lake, if i can catch fish there, that'd be great, but im willing to travel. and thanks fellas for the reports!!

BillP

DL area has been experiencing a LM bass boom in recent years. Most any lake in the area will be good. A friend and I caught over 60 in about 3 hrs. last year but I was trying to catch bluegills. (I would tell you what lake we were on but my buddy would kill me, he likes to catch the darn things.) I have had to change to superbraid line on my panfish rods because the bass keep tearing my ultralight rigs apart.

CASTnBLAST

Sybil is a great bass lake,Loon is right across the road also good.

sloughshark

gettin pumped for the trip, thanks for the info fellas!! I'll post a report when i return!!!

sloughshark

caught a pile of panfish, had some good sized gills, sunnies, and rocko's. tried for eyes, but only caught sloughsharks, all of which were pretty small. Sybil lake is clear as a bell, tough fishin eyes with that clean of water. Tried LMB fishin a couple times, caught some on spinner baits, did good in the lily pads throwin scum frogs. Overall fun trip, never did try any other lakes.