• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rugbyguy

Enjoying the Summer - A Few Pics

Rugbyguy

Now that work has slowed down I have had more time to get out and do some fishing. Below are pictures from 3 outings in the last 10 days.

I had the opportunity to get both of my brothers on trout streams on seperate outings, their 1st trout of the year.

RyanBrownTrout2.jpg

TonyBrownTrout.jpg

A nice fat 16" Brown Trout

Andy16inchBrownTrout.jpg

A couple visitors...

DSCI0086.jpg

BaldEagleFlying.jpg

And my first ever flathead catfish!!!

andy_flathead3.jpg

Meaney

ahh, thanks to that eagles nest, I know exactly where the pictures were taken smirk.gif

crazyice

Nice flathead there andy, maybe sometime yet this summer we three will have to head out and pull another all nighter.

Tyler Holm

What a totally awesome 10 days. Knowing you, the highlight of the entire 10 days is watching your younger bros catch their first trout(s) of the season. That's really neat you had the chance to do that. I'm looking forward to fishing with your bros and family this week.

BTW: Nice flattie! It took me over 20+ hours to get my first one, so that's awesome you got yours in the first night ever chasing them. We'll do it again after the spawn is over.

hanson

Quote:

And my first ever flathead catfish!!!

andy_flathead3.jpg

So you guys did find something!

We were up and down the river and caught 4 flats with the largest at 12lbs. Most of the action was early. Pretty tough night.

I couldn't tell exactly when we went by in the dark but you guys should have moved over closer to shore. Looked like you were aways out in the river. I wasn't kidding when I said to throw your anchor on shore. grin.gif

Tyler Holm

Hanson, this was the only flattie of the evening, but we must have had about 10 other runs. Big runs too. Drag screaming mothers and we let them run forever but to no avail. The only flattie didn't run at all, rather just slam the rod and sit there.

We looked into throwing the anchor up on shore (where you guys were), but there were 2 trees/branches that would have been right behind our boat and every fish (and cast) we tangled with, would have been taken into these branches and maybe snagged up. We tried to move them, but they were burried good. We opted for a different angle. We still casted shallow several times, but our best action was out from shore in the new current seam produced by the fallen tree.

Dan Thiem

Good post Andy! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.