• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Leech Lake Campground

Can anyone tell me about this place? Would it be a good spot to bring the wife an two little girls ages 1 and 7? Thanks.

Warrior56215

I do not know of a new campground on leech. I will be heading up there on Weds and would be willing to check it out but I need a little more info to go on.

I have a seasonal site at Moonlight Bay on the west side. Bike path is close, can fish the lake with wind from any direction and it is close to town. I have three little ones about the same age and they have a blast. Tim and Dina are great people.

( Note from Admin, please read forum policy before posting again, Thank-you.)

A few years ago there was a resort going by that name and it was located in portage bay on the upper northwest side of the bay. Stayed there for an archery bear hunt.

New Leech Lake Campground is on the north end on Portage Bay. There is a bunch of kids there to play with. Small swimming beach, but nice people up there. Good muskie fishing there, but don't expect to catch any walleyes on that end of the lake.

IS this the place that used to be called Northstar? on the shore between Waboose and the river inlet?

I have not been to leech since the fishing slowed off. USed to camp at the Federal grounds as well as at NorthStar.

I have camped at the Federal campground at the end of portage bay and really liked it. It was nice.

Also, Stony Point campground is very nice, I have never stayed there, but have visited people and it seemed nice. Really haven't been to any of the private places lately.

Just looked up the address online, and it is not the Northstar. I haven't been to the northstar in about 5 years, I remember some good times when Tom used to be the owner. Is this still a resort or has it been sold off into private lots now?

• 2 weeks later...

Northstar is still a resort, my wifes family has been going up the second saturday of July for a week over the last 50 years. Just got back from the trip and the crappie fishing was great!

Fisherdog, is this the group that puts up the huge circus tent? we ran into a group 4-6 years ago, the Patriarch was a really guy, he said they had been doing this trip for years, each family was responsible for one day of cooking. If I remember correctly they took up basically the whole north shore of the resort.

How does the resort look? Haven't been there in 3-4 years. last time I was there, they had only 2 or 3 cabins and the rest was RV.

Did ya catch any walleyes?

No circus tents at the Northstar resort, we all rent cabins or have campers on annually rented camper lots. I didn't fish for walleyes as I could catch all the 11-15 inch crappies I wanted.