• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Do you know anyone that divorced so they could hunt or fish more?

Do you know anyone who divorced just so they could spend more time hunting and fishing? How did it work out for them? There's got to be some interesting stories out there.

Are you looking for suggustions? smirk.gif

I know people who are divorced because of hunting and fishing, but not ones that planned it to do more.

No. I like being married. But I've heard of people that take their hunting or fishing to an extreme and give up their families. I've just never known anyone who did.

I just haven't started. Don't get married. grin.gif

I've been married for 33 years and raised a family and hunt and fish many days out of the year. It can work out.

I love to fish but not as much as I do my family.

I say to the ole girl lets go fishin! By the time I get Garage closed,sun glasses,and myself ready she's got everything in the boat waitin for me,I say lets go in she'll say just a bit longer!and she looks better in cammo in the fall than me!

If someone would give up their wife and family so they could fish and hunt more they would have to be pretty selfish and they are probably not someone that would get much respect from me.

Hunting and fishing in the situation you pose are not the issues but the symptoms - there are far greater forces at work and much deeper issues. The list of what those could be is nearly endless and they could be on either of the spouses behalf or both of them.

Just my 2 pennies....

Daze Off

I know a guy that got divorced over coonhounds. His wife told him it was her or the dogs. She moved out the next day.

A few years ago I attended a fishing seminar with very famous fisherman. At the conclusion I had the opportunity to have coffee with him and several others who had attended the seminar. During our conversation we talked about how lucky he must be to have such a great career. Much to my suprised he replied that he would have been a lot better off if he had not sacrificed his family for fishing.

Quote:

If someone would give up their wife and family so they could fish and hunt more they would have to be pretty selfish and they are probably not someone that would get much respect from me.

Bingo. As much as I love to hunt and fish, I have, and will continue to, give up time on the water and in the woods for my wife and family if needed.

"for better, for worse,

for richer, for poorer,

in sickness or in health,

even through hunting and fishing seasons..."

Let's keep our priorities straight.

But on a side note from that, they need to understand that we need time to fish and hunt.If the woman think they are going to prevent us from fishing and hunting, I would leave, it wouldnt be worth my unhappyness.

I am lucky to have found someone who lets me fish and hunt to the extent that I want while also finding quality time to spend with her. I would never give up my marriage to strictly fish, as others have stated that would just be selfish..

I think it all boils down to the fact that my wife and I knew before getting married that I love the outdoors, and hunting and fishing is a part of my lifestyle. By not hunting or fishing, my life would miserable and so would our marriage. With that, I am glad she also loves to share the boat with me on occasion and catch some fishes...

In the begining, the middle, and the end, those who marry need to understand of each others individualities and how to encorporate those into each others lives to make a marriage work. Marriage is a learning process, each and everyday.. smile.gif

Takes two to make a marriage and two to break one.

It is definitely harder when the kids are young. Now, I get my fishing trip with my buddy and my wife gets her Vegas trip with the girls.

Compromise!

I recently Divorced and hunt and fish more now than I did when I was Married. I did not divorce specificly for that reason. Spooky Old Alice, (my Ex) resents that I have all this freedom and she does not. But I work hard for my time off and I use it as I see fit. Which is its own revenge in its way.

No-one should have to or want to for that matter, So far this summer I have been to Mobridge, Devils Lake, and L.O.W. 3 times. When I get home I do the yard work and a couple of jobs on the Honey-Do list, spend some quality time with her doing whatever she wants, and I am good to go.

I have not told her about Alaska yet, so I better look at

that Do list pretty hard before that. Good Luck and a good woman to ya.

P.S. It helps if you take the kids along.

I have given up fishing for my kids. When they were little they would go with me. When they got a little older they got interested in sports and I became the coach. I have coached t-ball, soccer, softball, baseball and hockey. I fish thru you guys now with the stories that you post on here. My youngest is 15 and this will probably be the last year I coach him in baseball. I have complained about it but inside I have loved every minute of it and would do it all again just to be with them. Soon it will be my time to fish again and hopefully when the sports die down and my kids get thru college they will come with me.

I know people that have divorced twice over hunting and fishing. Not good, but true.

Joel

That is a strange question!

My two boy's are my best hunting and fishing buddies that I have. And mom fit's in the boat, deer stand or pheasant field any time she wants to go (she fishes, shoots trap and bow hunts).

Without my family I would have no reason to hunt or fish.

Again very strange question....some individuals are missing the whole point of hunting and fishing! Time together and memories forever!

Luckily my wife does fish with me alot, and hunts with me. I like to fish more then she does but thats not a big deal either. My kids, one would sit longer than I would fishing, the other about 2 hours, then she is done. So we just plan that in our outings.

I wouldnt get a divorce to do more fishing, but if she one day came to me and said thats it, no more fishing and hunting, you need to pick, me or hunting and fishing, Im afraid she would be looking for someone else. I wouldnt make the sacrifice, nor would I ever expect she would do that. I also wouldnt ask her to give up something she likes to do either.

I married the best woman in the world. I ice-fish with her father and go on an annual trip during open water and fish with my father most of the summer. She has given me two beautiful boys and while fishing frequency has declined in the past couple of years (sons are 3 1/2 and 20 months), I hope to enjoy many days on the water with them through childhood, adolecense and into their adulthoods.

I am committed as a father to see my sons grow to be upstanding and respectful citizens in a world that produces less and less each year.

Take care!