• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report from Wednesday 6/13

wa11eyeguy

Had a good day yesterday. Put the boat in at Cedar Creek and fished by Hennepin Island. That access is VERY shallow. Picked up a small one there, and then it got too windy for the boat we were fishing out of. We took the boat out and trailered down to Isle, and I was glad we did. The wind was coming from the southeast. We found a good drift just outside the Isle access and to the west, maybe 20 yards or so off the bouy markers that are along that shoreline. 17 - 19 feet deep was the ticket, dragging a leech with a 6 foot snell and red hook. Ended up with a limit of slot fish from 16-19", a couple that were over (around 22"), and one little dink. It was a great day to be out.

Awesome!!!!!

I probably had my best day ever for big fish yesterday grin.gif

Fished the mud. Leeches.

Caught one 28 1/4", (released and personal best). one 27", five between 26 & 26 1/2", Two of us caught 19. (I was on fire catching 15). Only kept two 18 inchers. The other 6 fish I caught were between 22 & 25".

Used my G. Loomis 9ft med action Steelhead IMX spinning rod an an 11 ft snell. Plain red hook and a chart bead grin.gif.

I'll post photos next week. It was a blast!!!! grin.gif We had the camera ready all the time. We kept the fish in the net, removed the hook, took the photos measured and released.

I was like a little kid at Christmas time!!!!

Probably will never have another day like that as far as large fish goes.

Congrats! Those days are special. I hope I have a day like that on Saturday!

Fish the mud for the big ones!!! I've heard this from a ton of people!!!

Fished the mud tues and wed with my two little nephews, man what a blast. Caught roughly 60 eyes with the majority around 24-25 inches. My nephews couldnt believe it. Also had a muskie on for an hour and twenty minutes finally broke off. Just really nice getting little ones on fish. They had a ton of fun. gl

Thanks for the report. Myself and two buddy's are heading out on the pond for the first time in a long time. It is a bachelor party of sorts. He didn't want to go out to the bars said he would rather go fishing so we are heading out tomarrow morning about about 3:30am should be fishing by 5:30am or so. I bringing them to the flats, is that the best place for that early in the morning? or should we hit up some gravel? at about 9:30am or so if we are of rocks or a reef I think we will head to the flats. Not sure which one as I have never fished them before. I have a GPS with lakemaster chip so finding them won't be hard.

Do I fish on the flat it self or on the edge of them?

I have been heading right for the mud as soon as I get there. Most fish I have found are along the break, top or bottom. Good luck and bring lots of bait.