• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dahitman44

Fishing Lately?

Dahitman44

Has anyone gone out lately -- during the rain period? I am going to go out tonight if it does not storm. Any thoughts on where we will find fish tonight -- as far as depth.

Thanks

marc

fish stalker

I was out on Tuessay evening. cought fish from 15ft to 19ft. I was catching them on leeches.

Dahitman44

thanks. i'll post our action.

Paul

Nope not been out since just before the tornado. I am saving myself for the walleye slaugter that is going on on Mille Lacs. My Brother, Father and myself are going to Mille Lacs next weekend for 3 days. That should be a good time. The gal at the resort told us that she could not remeber when the walleyes were biting as hot and heavy as they are now. I cant wait.

Dahitman44

Well I went out to Pelican and it was one of the few times I was shut out. Nothing was biting. I tried deep and I tried shallow -- no luck.

Not a rockbass, perch or northern -- much less an Eye. I thought the weather might mess us up and it did.

We got off the lake at 9 p.m. due to the weather looking really nasty.

Dahitman44

Paully --

That sounds fun! Kill 'em all.

Post some pics.

slabslayer28

i am also heading to mille lacs this coming monday thru wednesday. i have been getting tips from people in the mille lacs forum people have been hammering em out there. but its like a whole new world out there i tell ya. a guy defiantly needs a gps and a full tank of gas out there

Dahitman44

Man, that would be fun. Post some pics!

Bison9

Yeah, Mille Lacs is definitely tempting right now... We found a bonanza out there for the opener as well this year! We had 40 fish in two days that averaged 23 inches... No kidding. That lake will be my favorite lake to fish very soon I have a feeling... smile.gif

Anylakeanytime

I have been out everyweekend since opener and it was great up until the last two weekends (talk about the dead sea). Just like you said... it got to be where I was marking BITES on the ol gps. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work, so I tried fishing areas I have NEVER fished before and managed to catch a decent number of walleyes (outside of the slot) but they were definitely not where they usually are (I found them along the weedlines in "non-structured" areas? Then, I was out all day and caught three (questionable) keepers last weekend only to come in at dark to watch a group of guys landing endless 16'' walleyes off the dock IN 3 FOW! I have all but gave up on the ol' walleye holes. Man it was fun the first couple of weekends though!

nikesather

Well it sounds like the fishing is a little difficult right now. We are heading to Lida next week for our annual family vacation and it sounds like the usual spots aren't producing right now. We will just need to work a little harder I guess. I will share our results with you. Thanks for your posts guys it makes me think about fishinbg Lida even when I can't get there to fish it myself.

Paul

I fished Lida 2 weeks ago. From the Public Landing head out and turn left around the corner. 15-40 fow trolling deep raps wokred for me. If you go a little further there is a little bar there were it comes from 30 fow to 15 fow. I saw some people hanging jigs off the bar and the seemed to be having luck. Be careful of the slot limit though. A lot of nice fish being caught in the protected slot. 17-26" think.

nikesather

Thanks Paul. That spot usually produces well for us this time of year, we will definately give it a try. I can't wait, we have a lot of fond memories at that lake. I will let you know how we did next week. Thanks again.

Anylakeanytime

I have fished Lida every weekend and last night for that matter. Clay point (where you are talking about) has officially died. I will keep you posted if it picks back up. I did catch one walleye there last night that was about 10 inches, but that was the only bite I got. I didn't try pulling deep runners? But, jigging, spinners, lindy rigs...etc. don't work as well as they did a few weeks ago. The fish did seem to move a little deeper?

Double A

Was out on Pelican tonight. Tried several spots. varied depth between 23 and 14 feet. Caught several Rockbass, a couple of snakes and 1 nice 17" Walleye.

Caught on a yellow/green lindy rig with a leech at about 1 MPH in 19 FOW.

Beautiful night on the water.

I think bobber fishing may be successful as areas up to 17 FOW have weeds to the surface.