• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is it just my impression or is it common: the bass fishing seems to be very sllloooooowww. Have a guest here for a few weeks and the bass fishing has been tough.

Although we are highly skilled casters, marvelous boat handlers and incredibly good looking devils the fish just won't cooperate with us.

They're transitioning, and scattered all over the place. This hot weather should help put them in line.

Are you fishing up shallow? I found a ton out on the weedline this past weekend.

Two weeks ago we landed 104 fish in 6.5 hours. Less than a week later we only landed 20 fishing the same areas with the same presentation. I would agree with them being in a transition.

That is exactly what I found this past weekend, they all tucked tail and found some deeper water spots or they were there but being lazy in the shade.

Yeah, we have been poking around the shallow areas, not really getting too serious about it. I've been waiting for the weather to settle down a bit. Then maybe I can find a few with my flyrod and popper in the shallow stuff.

Partner and I were out for six hours on Saturday fishing mostly less than 3 ft. depth range. Nothing under the 14 inch range biggest around 4lbs. all nice quality fish I'd guess an honest 25-30 pounds of fish total. Half on spinnerbaits half on jig n pig. Their bitin fine but lookin forward to the Summer patterns to kick in,more predictable.

I've been doing good on the weedy flats - 6-8 feet of water with Rattlin Raps, spinner baits and Slurpie Shiners. I was on Rush 2 weeks ago, the fish were in 0 to 18" of water. Nothing huge, but lots of 2 pounders, all on spinner baits. Interestingly there were a couple other boats out farther from shore in the rushes but they didn't seem to be doing as well. I haven't had much luck on the weedlines yet, can't keep the snot rockets off the line long enough!