• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Koronis Help!

I just got back from the lake and only found 1 Smallmouth. If anyone has recently found them, where are they, deep or shallow, active or not?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

We caught walleyes and a few smallies during the day in 18-23 fow on live bait rigs and leeches. Most of the eyes were 16-19" range. A couple of 14-15" fish were also caught. Soon as it got dark the fish shut down. Couldn't find active fish anywhere after dark.

Water temps were 67 degrees.

How weedy is that lake out in that much water?? Is it primarily sand bottom or are their still weed patches?

At thatt depth it's pretty clean, a few small sparse patches here and there. Depending on where you're fishing on Koronis the bottom could be sand, gravel or rock at that depth.

Good Luck!

I have not spent much time on Koronis in the past (once and got skunked) so thank you for the information.

Did you mark your fish near the bottom or were they suspended? I am thinking that my fish finder has gone screwy as it still shows me bottom structure and depth but it has not marked any suspended fish in weeks. I am just curious if people are marking them up off of the bottom or if my finder is just not spotting them because they are tight on the bottom or in weed beds. Thanks.

The fish we've been catching are showing up about a foot off bottom for the most part. Maybe you need to up your senistivity a bit.

I will try to increase it some and see what I pick up. Otherwise I may start hanging my flasher over the side as I trust that more then my fish finder as of late.

Now I just need to figure out how to catch walleye once I find them!

Just got back and we found some scattered rock piles on one of the points (with the Aqua-vu) loaded with smallies. We caught them for about an hour. The biggest ran about 3.5 pounds. It was great.