• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Out of commission for a while

Hope you are all having a productive fishing season. Unfornately for me on 5/20/07 I fell a sleep at the wheel and went into the ditch between Victoria and Waconia and was paralyzed from the waste down. I am now at sister kinney rehab center and the prognosis is pretty good i have feeling back in my legs and some muscle contracttion. Sounds like I will be here for 3 more weeks and go on to the courage center. I write hoping for a few more prayers and to say take your kids or dad or wife fishing or hunting or whatever your passion is and cherish every minute of it. Sorry for the non sports related post. Take Care Adam

Good Luck ATM, I'll send some good vibes your way. I'm also out of commision for a while, slipped at a public access last friday and dislocated my shoulder. Your accident makes mine seem like no big deal. Glad to hear you're on the mend Adam, and hopefully on the road to a full recovery.

ATM- wow... My thoughts are with you! Good luck with the re-hab and keep in touch!

Sorry to hear about that. I will also be out for most of the season on the seventh of this month I cut two tendons in my dominant hand the doctor said I cant use my hand for eight weeks no working either bummer.

Sorry to hear about your accident. My mom had a car accident and was paralyzed from the waist down also. She spent a lot of time in Sr. Kenney Rehab so I know the place well. Great people over there. What I remember most about my mom was how positive she always was and how hard she worked on her therapy. She brought our family closer together during that difficult time. She loved to fish and we took her with us in the boat leaving her wheelchair on shore while straping her into a boat seat. She used a cane pole because she had a difficult time reeling in fish with the reel.

Good luck and give us updates on your progress...

No need to apologize Adam, the site calls us family and rightfully so. Scary way to have an accident, I am sure the percentage of people who have had a close call with the same thing is very high. I can't say I am much of a Believer but I do hope you find strength and endurance in the things that you are passionate about!

May you receive many prayers and blessings through this ordeal - you certainly will be in my prayers!

Daze Off

Hang in there ATM. It could have been worse. Wishing you a speedy & full recovery. We'll save a few for you to catch upon your return smile.gif

Sorry to hear about that Adam. Good luck on the therapy and I'll send a prayer your way!!!

Adam keep your chin up, and thanks for the reminder on how precious every moment of life is. My thoughts are with you.

Best of luck to you and hang in there.

Your situation makes me think of all the times I've been sleepy and driving at the same time, and realize how lucky I've been --- and a little scared, too.

Sorry to hear of your accident my family will pray for your continued progress. Please keep us posted on your progress so can cheer you on.

ATM, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Funny how we take the day to day things for granted until they are taken away from us. Hope you have a speedy and complete recovery

adam, you're family here ! i just sent a prayer your way! i hope you the best! del

Sorry to hear of your situation. You posted on the right site... those that hang out here are truly family. You couldn't have asked for a better support network.

Best wishes in rehab. Prayers sent.

Adam,

Sorry to hear about your accident. frown.gif Best wishes and we will pray for a speedy recovery. laugh.gif

Take care,

"hooks"

Hang in there buddy, you'll be back on the water in no time... You are in our prayers...

Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family. It is a hard time to endure I am sure but at least you are still here! Take care././Jimbo

Sorry to hear about your accident. Prayers and best wishes for a full recovery sent for you, Adam.

I have been battling Post Polio for over 50 years of my life. I have always thought. No matter how bad off I was there are a lot of people out there a lot worse off then I am.

PS: Don't give up!! wink.gif

If it makes u feel any better My boat hasnt seen water yet this walleye season. Spun my prop off 2 nights before opener. Foreign motor so wait a week for parts. Another week cuz I dont get off work at a decent time to get in there. Another week cuz I dont get time to put the parts on. To top it off I lose the little box that has all the washers and nuts and cotter key specific for my motor. It was 90 dollars! The whole process repeated and here I wait for my check to go pay for the parts. thats just the boat. My truck has a leak and a spiderwebbed window that needs fixing and one of my reels broke down too. oh well....Hope you get better soon!