• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Why are fewer young people fishing, and what can be done about it?

Here is what I think. First off I am 13 Years old. I love to fish, but I don't get to get out often. We dont have a boat but my grandfather does. I maybe Get out 2 times a month average. I cant bike anywhere(sprained mcl)this summer so shore fishing is out of the question. So whats the simple soultion??? I think to myself a small boat is great, I could buy a fixer uper and well, fix it up(Im actually pretty handy for my age.). But then I get shot down, even though I am paying 100% of the money. My parents just arent keen with the fishing, they never did it much when they were kids, and they didnt like it, soo now they cant comprehend how much Ilove the sport.

If you cant bike to your shore spots, ask your parents to drop you off and pick you up.

I have to say ocf1, for your age, your post is very well written. I know you're frustrated with not getting a boat, your parents are looking out for your best interested even if you don't think so. I agree that you can have them drop you off. Another thing you can do is see if anyone on here lives in your area and can take you out. If your in the St. Paul area I'd be happy to take you out for a day of fishing.

They maybe take me shorefishing 1 time a month, they both work and were a big family. But they let me join a jr. club this year smile.gif